British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   VAF4A Appendix 1.28 (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/vaf4a-appendix-1-28-a-852305/)

kdiglas78 Feb 7th 2015 7:24 pm

VAF4A Appendix 1.28

In section 1.28 it asks who the sponsor is responsible for. I have my two kids with me in the UK, so obviously them, but my US wife whom I'm sponsoring doesn't work. Should she be included in the list?

not2old Feb 8th 2015 8:49 am

Re: VAF4A Appendix 1.28

How was 1.25 answered, was it a a YES or a NO?

Even if your wife isnt working, does she have any income from any sources of her own to support herself in part or whole or that goes towards the kids welfare, or, are she & the kids totally financially supported by you - if its a yes, then 1.25 would be NO

then the answer to 1.28 based on your OP, could be something like this

Jane Doe (spouse) 1975 01 01
Jack Doe (child) 2000 02 02
Jill Doe (child) 2003 03 03

* just be careful when you fill in the amounts next to the names above, that what you're sending overseas to your wife is supported with paperwork, bank transfers, her using a credit or debit card withdrawals etc.

For the kids, its likely jmoniro, along the lines of just food & clothes, since lodging & everything else is your primary burden

kdiglas78 Feb 8th 2015 12:41 pm

We have savings in a joint account in the US that she is living on, so I'm not sending anything over there right now. We have transferred some over to the UK in the last few months, but I am supporting the kids from my salary and she is using the U.S. savings to support herself while we apply for the visa.

kdiglas78 Feb 8th 2015 2:06 pm

Does that mean we have no shared financial responsibilities?

not2old Feb 8th 2015 2:51 pm

I'm trying to answer in a way as though I'm you ....

- is your wife financially dependent on you?

- was she a stay at home mother to the kids prior to you taking the kids to the UK, if so was it several years ago

- she has no income of her own, she draws income from a joint savings account which is primarily funded by you

- she is dependent on you

kdiglas78 Feb 8th 2015 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by not2old (Post 11559446)
I'm trying to answer in a way as though I'm you ....

- is your wife financially dependent on you?

Yep

- was she a stay at home mother to the kids prior to you taking the kids to the UK, if so was it several years ago

Yes, until the kids came to UK in Dec

- she has no income of her own, she draws income from a joint savings account which is primarily funded by you

Correct

- she is dependent on you

Thanks. Sorry if I'm frustrating. I feel the pressure of getting this right. I appreciate your input.