Using cash Savings only despite earning sufficiently

Old Mar 19th 2021, 12:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Using cash Savings only despite earning sufficiently

Never had to fill in the online form, but I always understood that the questions regarding payslips etc came up if you input that you were applying under employment, but not if you had input that you were applying under savings.
Perhaps others could comment on this ...?
Old Mar 27th 2021, 8:51 pm
Forum Regular

Policy reader is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

As per the guidance, the required income/savings must be held until the date of application. But I am wondering as what would happen where if your savings balance starts falling afterwards over general household inevitable expenses? Would the same balance which was shown at the time of application be expected to maintain all times until the decision?
Old Mar 27th 2021, 9:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Policy reader
Hi,

As per the guidance, the required income/savings must be held until the date of application. But I am wondering as what would happen where if your savings balance starts falling afterwards over general household inevitable expenses? Would the same balance which was shown at the time of application be expected to maintain all times until the decision?
So you have your savings in a current account instead of a separate savings account? Not the most ideal situation; how does one differentiate between what are just income deposits and what are actual savings?

However, you need to make sure the account stays above the necessary minimum requirements for the 6 months prior to the application. After you submit your documents, your balance can then fluctuate

Old Mar 27th 2021, 9:27 pm
Forum Regular

Yes its the current account where the wages also regularly get credited but the required balance has been maintained in it even from more than 6 months. Primarily, I was inclined to use the employment route but due to the employer who has become very dishonest during this pandemic I don't want to use payslips & employer letter. So, in above context, wouldn't the current account where the cash savings were amassed from past employment will work even the required savings maintained until the date of application but later starts falling?
Old Mar 27th 2021, 9:48 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes its the current account where the wages also regularly get credited but the required balance has been maintained in it even from more than 6 months. Primarily, I was inclined to use the employment route but due to the employer who has become very dishonest during this pandemic I don't want to use payslips & employer letter. So, in above context, wouldn't the current account where the cash savings were amassed from past employment will work even the required savings maintained until the date of application but later starts falling?
Appendix FM-SE states:

11A. In respect of cash savings:
  1. (a) The savings may be held in any form of bank/savings account (whether a current, deposit or investment account,)

My only reservation as to keeping savings in a current account which is used for everyday expenses is that regular income deposits and actual savings are difficult to identify.

Old Mar 27th 2021, 10:06 pm
Forum Regular

But even after deducting the daily expenses the balance in current account at the end of day during the last 6 months never fallen than the required threshold. Wouldn't the net balance actually metaphor as cash savings?
I am double minded as whether should I completely weed out the dishonest employer and rely on aforesaid arrangement which involve very less efforts & papers or stubbornly approach the employer for employer letter?
Old Mar 28th 2021, 12:17 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

But even after deducting the daily expenses the balance in current account at the end of day during the last 6 months never fallen than the required threshold. Wouldn't the net balance actually metaphor as cash savings?
I am double minded as whether should I completely weed out the dishonest employer and rely on aforesaid arrangement which involve very less efforts & papers or stubbornly approach the employer for employer letter?
You don't need a letter from your employer, it would only complicate your application. A current account balance, that has been at or above the level required to meet the threshold for the entire 6 months, meets the cash savings requirement.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Mar 28th 2021 at 12:19 am.
Old Jun 10th 2021, 10:48 am
Forum Regular

Good morning/afternoon,
Need an opinion as whether the following understanding is correct in relation to cash savings:

1. Flrm application form isn't fortunately asking about the current employment when you choose cash savings only. Would it be correct not to disclose about it (current mployment) through a covering letter or in cash saving's declaration.
2. Application form ask to give the cash savings balance figure held during the last 6 months. Would it be the lowest balance figure of cash savings during the last six months or the one standing on the date of application?
3. Since the source of cash savings is past employments so would it be prudent to optionally supply couple of P60s along with 6 months of bank statements and declaration for more clarity?

A brief recap to avoid the need to go through the whole previous discussion. In above scenario, the cash saving of £62500 would be relied on despite earning the sufficient income from current employment but the employer has become exemplary dodgy. Also, the cash savings are derived from the past employments and always kept in current account where the balance fluctuate but never fallen than £62500 during the last 6 months.
Thanks in advance
Old Jun 10th 2021, 5:14 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

1. Yes
2. Lowest
3. No
Old Jun 10th 2021, 8:53 pm
Forum Regular

Many thanks for your reply. All I can see on the official guidance and flrm application form is that, they only require 6 months of bank statements along side the declaration of the source of cash savings. But very strangely, in google search, I come across a member's experience in another forum that he has been requested to supply payslips too to justify the origin of cash savings. That has actually sparked these shockwaves, and forced to consider to attach a similar evidence which is P60 instead the payslips which have been savaged by the employer's deliberate miscalculations. So, should I still only attach 6 months of bank statements and declaration only?

Also, can these savings be used after the application?
Old Jun 10th 2021, 10:16 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Personally, if I was using savings which had been accumulated over the years (presume it has taken a few years to accumulate 62,500 GBP) from every day employment I would enclose an explanatory letter detailing my employment record and provide either payslips or P60 to evidence the years worked and show income earned.
Yes, the savings can be used after the application (presume you don't mean immediately you hit the submit button); you'll need similar savings or employment income for next visa application.
Old Jun 11th 2021, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Default Sponsor's British passport's bio page only or all pages

Many thanks for giving a logical opinion and I don't see anything wrong in attaching few P60s to show the origin of funds along with bank statements & declaration. Aside this, should the sponsor's British passport be scanned in fullness with all of its pages likewise is usually the case with applicant's foreign passport?
Old Jun 11th 2021, 9:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Default Re: Sponsor's British passport's bio page only or all pages

Many thanks for giving a logical opinion and I don't see anything wrong in attaching few P60s to show the origin of funds along with bank statements & declaration. Aside this, should the sponsor's British passport be scanned in fullness with all of its pages likewise is usually the case with applicant's foreign passport?
Several questions going around this morning regarding the copying of sponsor's British passport - all pages or just bio?

As per the following paragraph out of The last version of published FLR(M) notes: https://assets.publishing.service.g...a/file/376014/FLR_M__guidance_notes_11-14.pdf

From 28 October 2013, if you are making your application by post you can send a complete and full copy of your partner’s current passport or travel document with your application. Every page of the passport must be copied including any blank pages. The copy does not need to be certified; your partner must sign the declaration at section 14 of the application form to confirm it is a complete and true copy of their current passport or travel document.

So full copy......