(USA) VFS SETTLEMENT PREMIUM SERVICE PACKAGE 1700$

Old Jul 16th 2018, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

xluoxluoxluo is an unknown quantity at this point
Default (USA) VFS SETTLEMENT PREMIUM SERVICE PACKAGE 1700$

Has anyone purchased the VFS SETTLEMENT PREMIUM SERVICE PACKAGE? Would you mind sharing your experiences? Would you recommend it over simply paying for priority for $793?

The issue I have is that it seems there is no way to purchase "keep my passport while applying" option separately in the USA without buying the settlement premium service package. Giving 30-40 business days processing time, meaning I will not be able to travel outside the country for 2 months.

Thank you very much for the help!
Old Jul 16th 2018, 5:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: (USA) VFS SETTLEMENT PREMIUM SERVICE PACKAGE 1700$

On another forum, two posters who used the service when it was first introduced, were not impressed at all! It took longer to get the visa than if they had just gone priority. However, it may have improved now and, as you say, the bonus is being able to keep your passport which the visa is being processed.
Old Jul 17th 2018, 8:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by michali
On another forum, two posters who used the service when it was first introduced, were not impressed at all! It took longer to get the visa than if they had just gone priority. However, it may have improved now and, as you say, the bonus is being able to keep your passport which the visa is being processed.
Thanks for the response.
I recently emailed VFS and was told that processing time is typically under 30 business days ( with priority) . However, based on this forum, seems its typically 30-40 work days. Anyone got it around 20-30 days? The cost of keeping my passport is about 800$, I really like to know if it's worth it to delay my trip and wait in the USA.
Old Jul 18th 2018, 12:28 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Are you a US citizen or legal resident of the US?
Old Jul 18th 2018, 4:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Are you a US citizen or legal resident of the US?
Green card holder. Does it make any difference? Thank you.
Old Jul 18th 2018, 10:49 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xluoxluoxluo
Green card holder. Does it make any difference? Thank you.
Only insomuch that you wouldn’t be able to apply at all from the US if you were only there as a visitor. Do you plan to travel outside the US whilst you wait for a decision?
Old Jul 18th 2018, 10:58 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Only insomuch that you wouldn’t be able to apply at all from the US if you were only there as a visitor. Do you plan to travel outside the US whilst you wait for a decision?
Yes! I'm currently not working and would hope to take this chance to travel abroad. $900 for freedom!