British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   (USA) VFS SETTLEMENT PREMIUM SERVICE PACKAGE 1700$ (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/usa-vfs-settlement-premium-service-package-1700%24-914977/)

xluoxluoxluo Jul 16th 2018 12:13 pm

(USA) VFS SETTLEMENT PREMIUM SERVICE PACKAGE 1700$

Has anyone purchased the VFS SETTLEMENT PREMIUM SERVICE PACKAGE? Would you mind sharing your experiences? Would you recommend it over simply paying for priority for $793?

The issue I have is that it seems there is no way to purchase "keep my passport while applying" option separately in the USA without buying the settlement premium service package. Giving 30-40 business days processing time, meaning I will not be able to travel outside the country for 2 months.

Thank you very much for the help!

michali Jul 16th 2018 5:14 pm

Re: (USA) VFS SETTLEMENT PREMIUM SERVICE PACKAGE 1700$

On another forum, two posters who used the service when it was first introduced, were not impressed at all! It took longer to get the visa than if they had just gone priority. However, it may have improved now and, as you say, the bonus is being able to keep your passport which the visa is being processed.

xluoxluoxluo Jul 17th 2018 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by michali (Post 12533795)
On another forum, two posters who used the service when it was first introduced, were not impressed at all! It took longer to get the visa than if they had just gone priority. However, it may have improved now and, as you say, the bonus is being able to keep your passport which the visa is being processed.

Thanks for the response.
I recently emailed VFS and was told that processing time is typically under 30 business days ( with priority) . However, based on this forum, seems its typically 30-40 work days. Anyone got it around 20-30 days? The cost of keeping my passport is about 800$, I really like to know if it's worth it to delay my trip and wait in the USA.

BritInParis Jul 18th 2018 12:28 am

Are you a US citizen or legal resident of the US?

xluoxluoxluo Jul 18th 2018 4:48 am

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12534565)
Are you a US citizen or legal resident of the US?

Green card holder. Does it make any difference? Thank you.

BritInParis Jul 18th 2018 10:49 am

Originally Posted by xluoxluoxluo (Post 12534619)
Green card holder. Does it make any difference? Thank you.

Only insomuch that you wouldn’t be able to apply at all from the US if you were only there as a visitor. Do you plan to travel outside the US whilst you wait for a decision?

xluoxluoxluo Jul 18th 2018 10:58 am

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12534760)
Only insomuch that you wouldn’t be able to apply at all from the US if you were only there as a visitor. Do you plan to travel outside the US whilst you wait for a decision?

Yes! I'm currently not working and would hope to take this chance to travel abroad. $900 for freedom!