Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

USA TD visa refused for 214(b) - New UK Dependent visa application

USA TD visa refused for 214(b) - New UK Dependent visa application

Old Jun 29th 2016, 8:17 am
Just Joined

martin007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default USA TD visa refused for 214(b) - New UK Dependent visa application

I am a Canadian citizen (also hold a Bangladeshi passport - dual citizen), currently working in USA with my TN status. Since my wife is a bangladeshi citizen (we married recently), she applied for TD visa from Bangladesh, however she was rejected. So I found that TD visa is not very known in US embassy at Bangladesh (since TD/TN is for canadians/mexicans), so they refused on the ground of 214(b). I have never heard of a TD visa refusals but those applications were made in Canada, may be that is the difference.

Now there is a new situation. I am moving to UK now and applied for Tier 5 work visa for 2 years duration. I got the Tier 5 govt authorized exchange visa already (from British consulate New york) and now my wife will apply for visa as a dependent of mine from Bangladesh (we plan to arrive to uk on the same day (I from usa and she for Bangladesh) ). I am confused while filling out her visa application for UK. It is asking for the information that if she was ever refused for any country in last 10 years. I have a feeling that answering it ‘yes’ may reduce the chance of her UK visa (since US visa was refused due to lack of tie to her home country which does not make any sense though ).

Is there anyway i can convince the British embassy so that her USA rejection does not/minimize the effect on UK tier 5 dependent visa ? thanks in advance
Old Jun 29th 2016, 3:02 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA TD visa refused for 214(b) - New UK Dependent visa application

Originally Posted by martin007
It is asking for the information that if she was ever refused for any country in last 10 years. I have a feeling that answering it ‘yes’ may reduce the chance of her UK visa (since US visa was refused due to lack of tie to her home country which does not make any sense though ).

Is there anyway i can convince the British embassy so that her USA rejection does not/minimize the effect on UK tier 5 dependent visa ? thanks in advance
How about answering the question asked? Either she has or she hasnt been refused a visa, that's the answer you put.
Old Jun 29th 2016, 5:00 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA TD visa refused for 214(b) - New UK Dependent visa application

Lying and then getting caught will probably lead to a ten year ban from the UK so just tell the truth. There's space on the form for you to provide further information so use that to provide a fuller explanation if you want to.