USA ASC Biometrics Appointment - What to take/ expect?

Old Sep 28th 2020, 3:18 pm
Forum Regular

Viking2013 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default USA ASC Biometrics Appointment - What to take/ expect?

Hi all,

My wife has an appointment at an ASC in NYC in October for a Spouse Visa application. I have some questions about what she should take/ expect on the day? Please let me know if I am missing anything:

1) Take ASC online appointment form
2) Wife's US Passport

Once the letter is stamped, we send the documents to (we did not upload on the VFS site and paid $100 for doc scanning):
VFS Services USA Inc, UKVI Scanning Hub, 145 West 45th St, Floor 5, New York NY, 10036

In this packet we include:
1) Wife's US Passport
2) All supporting application docs
3) UPS Electronic RETURN shipping label

I appreciate this info is on the .GOV website but I want to ensure we have everything covered in advance.

Many thanks!
Viking2013
Old Sep 29th 2020, 12:59 pm
Forum Regular

Goonergirl has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergirl has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergirl has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergirl has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergirl has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergirl has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergirl has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergirl has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergirl has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergirl has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: USA ASC Biometrics Appointment - What to take/ expect?

Hi Viking,
We did our Biometrics yesterday and took exactly what you have on your list. The ASC appointment form (with bar code on top) and passport, That’s it.
Don’t forget to include a copy of the stamped biometrics appointment form in your supporting documents.
As is usual with these appointments, we drove for 3 hours for a 10 minute appointment, then drove 3 hours home. An exhausting day!
Old Sep 29th 2020, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks Goonergirl - this is really helpful.

1) So to confirm, now you are sending your docs & stamped appointment letter to VFS Services USA Inc, UKVI Scanning Hub, 145 West 45th St, Floor 5, New York NY, 10036?

2) My next question is about the "UPS Return Shipping Label - How much does this cost? Is the passport shipped back from the UK or just from within the US? Did you purchase this on the VFS website? If so, which package did you purchase - I see one for $150 which seems expensive (although I am not surprised by any of the fees).

Thanks!

Old Sep 29th 2020, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

Goonergirl has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergirl has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergirl has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergirl has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergirl has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergirl has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergirl has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergirl has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergirl has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergirl has a reputation beyond reputeGoonergirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Viking2013
Thanks Goonergirl - this is really helpful.

1) So to confirm, now you are sending your docs & stamped appointment letter to VFS Services USA Inc, UKVI Scanning Hub, 145 West 45th St, Floor 5, New York NY, 10036?

2) My next question is about the "UPS Return Shipping Label - How much does this cost? Is the passport shipped back from the UK or just from within the US? Did you purchase this on the VFS website? If so, which package did you purchase - I see one for $150 which seems expensive (although I am not surprised by any of the fees).

Thanks!
Yes that's correct, our package just left the house - hubby is taking it to UPS. I can't tell you what a relief that is.

We purchased the $150 package which included document scanning, labels for sending docs to NY plus return label and text updates. So I'm not sure how much it would cost to send via UPS on it's own. Our packet was quite heavy so I think the $150 package was reasonably good value. Go down to the UPS store and find out about the cost, if you take copies of your packet they could give you an accurate price for sending and providing a return label.

Good luck!

Old Sep 30th 2020, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Goonergirl
Yes that's correct, our package just left the house - hubby is taking it to UPS. I can't tell you what a relief that is.

We purchased the $150 package which included document scanning, labels for sending docs to NY plus return label and text updates. So I'm not sure how much it would cost to send via UPS on it's own. Our packet was quite heavy so I think the $150 package was reasonably good value. Go down to the UPS store and find out about the cost, if you take copies of your packet they could give you an accurate price for sending and providing a return label.

Good luck!
Thanks!