US TO UK.. unfound answers...

Old Jan 4th 2019, 9:39 pm
Forum Regular

Stribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond repute
Default US TO UK.. unfound answers...

Could not find on wiki or uk.gov. I am Brit living in the US with US wife, married 3 years.. earned £18k+ for 3 years, family happy for us to stay at theres when we return...

Questions

- Can i stay in the US with my wife until she has received approval?
- How do I know if ill have a job within 3 months of returning as i wont know how long the application takes to approve and when ill be returning. You basically need a "he can start whenever hes back" kinda set up.

thats all.

Thanks in advance

Stribs
Old Jan 4th 2019, 11:39 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US TO UK.. unfound answers...

Originally Posted by Stribs
Could not find on wiki or uk.gov. I am Brit living in the US with US wife, married 3 years.. earned £18k+ for 3 years, family happy for us to stay at theres when we return...

Questions

- Can i stay in the US with my wife until she has received approval?
- How do I know if ill have a job within 3 months of returning as i wont know how long the application takes to approve and when ill be returning. You basically need a "he can start whenever hes back" kinda set up.

thats all.

Thanks in advance

Stribs
You can stay in the US for as long as your visa allows you to. From the UK side, you can return to the UK ahead of your wife or return to the UK with her, she can't enter until she has her spouse visa.

For your job offer in the UK, you're obviously aware that to rely on the 'working in the US at the required amount plus a UK job offer at the required amount' route, you need to be in employment in the US that pays above the financial requirements at the time you wife applies. When your wife applies for her visa she chooses the date she wants to enter the UK, this can be up to 6 months from the date she applies. Your UK job offer needs to state that your employment will commence no later than 3 months after the date your wife nominated to enter the UK. The job can, of course, start before that date, even before your wife applies, but your wife couldn't enter the UK until she had her spouse visa. I agree it can be tricky to find an employer who's willing to accept the uncertainty.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Jan 5th 2019 at 12:01 am.
Old Jan 5th 2019, 12:22 am
Forum Regular

Stribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond reputeStribs has a reputation beyond repute

Appreciate the response, my brother owns a recruitment business.

Could he write a letter of intent to hire me with a contract?
Old Jan 5th 2019, 12:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Appreciate the response, my brother owns a recruitment business.

Could he write a letter of intent to hire me with a contract?

Not unless its a bona fide job.......
Old Jan 5th 2019, 12:37 am
Forum Regular

I certainly would not attempt to fraud any immigration system, weve been in this game long enough now.

What do you need to provide to prove a job is a 'bona fied' job?
Old Jan 5th 2019, 1:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

I certainly would not attempt to fraud any immigration system, weve been in this game long enough now.

What do you need to provide to prove a job is a 'bona fied' job?

As a minimum letter/contract detailing job description, salary, etc etc on headed paper with address/telephone number and signed. If your brother owns a recruitment business, presume he finds staff for other companies - or are you suggesting he would hire you for his company?