Urgent spouse visa help!

Old Sep 28th 2015, 1:09 am
Just Joined

cutiebbangel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent spouse visa help!

Hi all,

Me and my partner has been married for two months and we are planning to move back to the UK for a few years. (Im the citizen and he's aussie) I met the financial requirement ( Cat C non employment based income).

Would you advice to apply this visa via agent or just do it online by ourselves?
(agent fee is roughly 800pounds).

P.S. I had a go at the application last night, there is a question -asking you to list all the countries (except uk and residence country) you have visited in the past 10 years- are they seriously expecting you to list everything? or the most recent 5 is enough?) - my husband is a bit of a traveller and has been on over 40 trips in the last 10 years.
Old Sep 28th 2015, 6:57 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent spouse visa help!

Avoid using an agent if you can. You usually end up spending a lot of money for someone else to make mistakes on your behalf.

Try and list as many countries as you can. If you don't know precise dates then you can just list all the countries with an estimate.

Does your husband have any recent European ancestry? It may allow him to apply for an EU/EEA passport or an ancestry visa that would avoid the need for a spouse visa.
Old Sep 28th 2015, 7:05 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your reply BritinParis. Unfortunately my husband doesn't have any recent European ancestry.

Do you know if this the rest of the visa application form pretty much self explanatory? (we were only up to the travel history yesterday..)
Old Sep 28th 2015, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

The rest of the form is fairly easy but you can always ask here for advice! I would definitely list all the countries visited as the stamps will be in his passport anyway and you must appear truthful!
Old Sep 28th 2015, 12:10 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by michali
The rest of the form is fairly easy but you can always ask here for advice! I would definitely list all the countries visited as the stamps will be in his passport anyway and you must appear truthful!
We tried to add all the countries in, but the 'add' button disappears after we have added the 13th country -and when we save the application- the button reappears again... should we just leave it as that?

also, for the sponsor details- I should be adding my details there right? (i am the one who meet the financial requirement).
Old Sep 28th 2015, 3:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, where it says 'sponsor' has to be where your details are entered but the rest is for the applicant.

You can always add countries visited in the part of the form that allows for additional information.