British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Urgent query for FLR (M) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/urgent-query-flr-m-944903/)

beautiful_mind Jul 27th 2022 5:07 pm

Urgent query for FLR (M)

I work for an agency and have been working for them for last 6 months now. I have been advised by my solicitor that I can apply under Cat A

I have, however had a gap where I did not work in this 6 months period for 3 weeks. They have mentioned in my application that I am in salaried employment for the past 6 months. I doubt this having just read in the guidance that one has to be paid for the entire 6 month period to use Cat A and I get paid weekly. Secondly, I have variable income, so can this be salaried employment?

Please advise.

SanDiegogirl Jul 27th 2022 5:21 pm

Re: Urgent query for FLR (M)

You've already been told numerous times that you are non salaried .

Again, here is how you calculate non salary income:

The only difference in Category A between salaried and non-salaried employment is how gross annual salary or employment income is calculated:
Where the person is in salaried employment – they must have been paid throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application at a level of gross annual salary which equals or exceeds the level relied upon in the application. Therefore, the figure used towards the requirement will be the lowest level of annual salary received during the 6 month period.
Where the person is in non-salaried employment – the level of gross annual employment income relied upon in the application will be the annual equivalent of the person’s average gross monthly income from non-salaried employment in the 6 months prior to the date of application (where that employment was held throughout that period).
To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A the following calculation should be used: (Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6-month period, divided by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement.

beautiful_mind Jul 27th 2022 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 13131390)
You've already been told numerous times that you are non salaried .

Again, here is how you calculate non salary income:

The only difference in Category A between salaried and non-salaried employment is how gross annual salary or employment income is calculated:
Where the person is in salaried employment – they must have been paid throughout the period of 6 months prior to the date of application at a level of gross annual salary which equals or exceeds the level relied upon in the application. Therefore, the figure used towards the requirement will be the lowest level of annual salary received during the 6 month period.
Where the person is in non-salaried employment – the level of gross annual employment income relied upon in the application will be the annual equivalent of the person’s average gross monthly income from non-salaried employment in the 6 months prior to the date of application (where that employment was held throughout that period).
To calculate this annualised average for non-salaried employment in Category A the following calculation should be used: (Total gross income from employment held throughout the 6-month period, divided by 6) multiplied by 12 = Income from non-salaried employment that can be counted towards the financial requirement.

Thank you for your prompt response. But to use Cat A for non salaried employment, do I have to have been paid throughout the 6 month period? And do I need 26 weeks payslips? Because that is not the case here. I only have 23 payslips as I was not paid for 3 weeks in my 6 month period

SanDiegogirl Jul 27th 2022 5:39 pm

Personally, I would try and get those 3 (zero amounts) payslips.

If you can't, then provide the ones you have.

The aggregate annual income will have to be calculated from the payslips you have.

beautiful_mind Jul 27th 2022 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 13131398)
Personally, I would try and get those 3 (zero amounts) payslips.

If you can't, then provide the ones you have.

The aggregate annual income will have to be calculated from the payslips you have.

Yes that is what they have done. I was just concerned because it said in the guidance that one had to be paid "throughout" the 6 month period for Cat A.