Urgent please advise!

Old Oct 9th 2019, 11:26 am
  #1  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 53
blackscholes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent please advise!

Hello everyone

Is the processing time of the settlement visa measured from date of application or date of biometrics?

Reason I ask is because we are applying for priority visa but getting an appointment 3 weeks from now! Frustrating!

Please advise.... would be much appreciated
blackscholes is offline  
Old Oct 9th 2019, 11:38 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Jul 2018
Posts: 133
niv619 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Urgent please advise!

Originally Posted by blackscholes View Post
Hello everyone

Is the processing time of the settlement visa measured from date of application or date of biometrics?

Reason I ask is because we are applying for priority visa but getting an appointment 3 weeks from now! Frustrating!

Please advise.... would be much appreciated
It is considered on the submission of Biometrics.

All you can do is wait I am afraid.
niv619 is offline  
Old Oct 9th 2019, 12:00 pm
  #3  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 53
blackscholes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Urgent please advise!

Originally Posted by niv619 View Post
It is considered on the submission of Biometrics.

All you can do is wait I am afraid.
Is it not possible to change city on the VFS website? Solicitor saying not possible after initial selection
blackscholes is offline  
Old Oct 9th 2019, 12:59 pm
  #4  
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 15,292
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent please advise!

Originally Posted by blackscholes View Post
Is it not possible to change city on the VFS website? Solicitor saying not possible after initial selection
Your solicitor is correct. Three weeks is not a particularly long time to wait. Changing cities, even if you could, is unlikely to make a positive difference.
BritInParis is offline  
Old Oct 9th 2019, 2:56 pm
  #5  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 75
sam12345 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Urgent please advise!

Originally Posted by blackscholes View Post
Hello everyone

Is the processing time of the settlement visa measured from date of application or date of biometrics?

Reason I ask is because we are applying for priority visa but getting an appointment 3 weeks from now! Frustrating!

Please advise.... would be much appreciated
i had to pay £38 pounds in order to get an earlier appointment. I was offered a free one in 3 weeks time, i then moved it to 2 weeks by paying. Weren't you given this option while applying?
sam12345 is offline  
Old Oct 9th 2019, 5:35 pm
  #6  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 53
blackscholes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Urgent please advise!

Originally Posted by sam12345 View Post
i had to pay £38 pounds in order to get an earlier appointment. I was offered a free one in 3 weeks time, i then moved it to 2 weeks by paying. Weren't you given this option while applying?
Yes I also had this option. Paid the same and got an earlier appointment in 12 days time now.

So a 12 day wait now plus the 6 week wait for the priority visa... fingers crossed
blackscholes is offline  
Old Oct 9th 2019, 5:41 pm
  #7  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 53
blackscholes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Urgent please advise!

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
Your solicitor is correct. Three weeks is not a particularly long time to wait. Changing cities, even if you could, is unlikely to make a positive difference.
Thanks BiP.

blackscholes is offline  
Old Oct 9th 2019, 5:43 pm
  #8  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 53
blackscholes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Urgent please advise!

Please advise if entry clearance is for 30 or 33 months?

Based on the IHS fee paid of 1200, it should be 33.
blackscholes is offline  
Old Oct 9th 2019, 6:36 pm
  #9  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 28,256
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent please advise!

Originally Posted by blackscholes View Post
Please advise if entry clearance is for 30 or 33 months?

Based on the IHS fee paid of 1200, it should be 33.
It's for 30 months, but the IHS fee is rounded up. "You’ll pay for a whole year if your application includes part of a year that is more than 6 months."

Still an absolute bargain for medical care though.

HTH.
christmasoompa is offline  
Old Oct 9th 2019, 6:44 pm
  #10  
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 15,292
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent please advise!

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
It's for 30 months, but the IHS fee is rounded up. "You’ll pay for a whole year if your application includes part of a year that is more than 6 months."

Still an absolute bargain for medical care though.

HTH.
Initial entry clearance is 33 months.
BritInParis is offline  
Old Oct 9th 2019, 6:49 pm
  #11  
SUPER MODERATOR
 
christmasoompa's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: In a darkened room somewhere.............
Posts: 28,256
christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent please advise!

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
Initial entry clearance is 33 months.
Dammit, I checked the Wiki & everything!

Am I going doollally or is 2.5 years 30 months? https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...ion-UK_#Stages

christmasoompa is offline  
Old Oct 9th 2019, 9:27 pm
  #12  
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 15,292
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent please advise!

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post


Dammit, I checked the Wiki & everything!

Am I going doollally or is 2.5 years 30 months? https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...ion-UK_#Stages

2.5 years is 30 months but you get an extra three months if you apply from outside the UK. It was done to give you three months to move to the UK and you still get the extra time even 30 day vignettes and BRPs have rendered this purpose obsolete.
BritInParis is offline  
Old Oct 10th 2019, 8:14 am
  #13  
Forum Regular
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Aug 2018
Posts: 53
blackscholes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Urgent please advise!

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
2.5 years is 30 months but you get an extra three months if you apply from outside the UK. It was done to give you three months to move to the UK and you still get the extra time even 30 day vignettes and BRPs have rendered this purpose obsolete.
Thanks Christmasoompa and BiP for your guidance. So considering entry clearance is for 33 months, I assume that FLR(M) would be for 27 months? Thats how much additional time we would need to complete the 5 year period.

Or does it have to be for full 30 months?
blackscholes is offline  
Old Oct 10th 2019, 8:37 am
  #14  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: Sep 2018
Posts: 75
sam12345 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Urgent please advise!

Originally Posted by blackscholes View Post
Please advise if entry clearance is for 30 or 33 months?

Based on the IHS fee paid of 1200, it should be 33.
can you please share how much in total you were charged for the IHS payment?
sam12345 is offline  
Old Oct 10th 2019, 9:28 am
  #15  
 
BritInParis's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2012
Location: Not in Paris
Posts: 15,292
BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent please advise!

Originally Posted by blackscholes View Post
Thanks Christmasoompa and BiP for your guidance. So considering entry clearance is for 33 months, I assume that FLR(M) would be for 27 months? Thats how much additional time we would need to complete the 5 year period.

Or does it have to be for full 30 months?
You’ll be given 30 months when you are granted FLR(M).
BritInParis is offline  

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.