Urgent please advise!

Old Oct 9th 2019, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

blackscholes is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent please advise!

Hello everyone

Is the processing time of the settlement visa measured from date of application or date of biometrics?

Reason I ask is because we are applying for priority visa but getting an appointment 3 weeks from now! Frustrating!

Please advise.... would be much appreciated
Old Oct 9th 2019, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

niv619 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Urgent please advise!

Originally Posted by blackscholes View Post
Hello everyone

Is the processing time of the settlement visa measured from date of application or date of biometrics?

Reason I ask is because we are applying for priority visa but getting an appointment 3 weeks from now! Frustrating!

It is considered on the submission of Biometrics.

All you can do is wait I am afraid.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 12:00 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by niv619 View Post
It is considered on the submission of Biometrics.

All you can do is wait I am afraid.
Is it not possible to change city on the VFS website? Solicitor saying not possible after initial selection
Old Oct 9th 2019, 12:59 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Is it not possible to change city on the VFS website? Solicitor saying not possible after initial selection
Your solicitor is correct. Three weeks is not a particularly long time to wait. Changing cities, even if you could, is unlikely to make a positive difference.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 2:56 pm
Forum Regular

sam12345 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone

i had to pay £38 pounds in order to get an earlier appointment. I was offered a free one in 3 weeks time, i then moved it to 2 weeks by paying. Weren't you given this option while applying?
Old Oct 9th 2019, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sam12345 View Post
i had to pay £38 pounds in order to get an earlier appointment. I was offered a free one in 3 weeks time, i then moved it to 2 weeks by paying. Weren't you given this option while applying?
Yes I also had this option. Paid the same and got an earlier appointment in 12 days time now.

So a 12 day wait now plus the 6 week wait for the priority visa... fingers crossed
Old Oct 9th 2019, 5:41 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis View Post
Your solicitor is correct. Three weeks is not a particularly long time to wait. Changing cities, even if you could, is unlikely to make a positive difference.
Thanks BiP.

Old Oct 9th 2019, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Please advise if entry clearance is for 30 or 33 months?

Based on the IHS fee paid of 1200, it should be 33.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 6:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

It's for 30 months, but the IHS fee is rounded up. "You’ll pay for a whole year if your application includes part of a year that is more than 6 months."

Still an absolute bargain for medical care though.

HTH.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 6:44 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
It's for 30 months, but the IHS fee is rounded up. "You’ll pay for a whole year if your application includes part of a year that is more than 6 months."

Still an absolute bargain for medical care though.

HTH.
Initial entry clearance is 33 months.
Old Oct 9th 2019, 6:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Initial entry clearance is 33 months.
Dammit, I checked the Wiki & everything!

Am I going doollally or is 2.5 years 30 months? https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...ion-UK_#Stages

Old Oct 9th 2019, 9:27 pm

Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post

Dammit, I checked the Wiki & everything!

Am I going doollally or is 2.5 years 30 months? https://britishexpats.com/wiki/Spous...ion-UK_#Stages

2.5 years is 30 months but you get an extra three months if you apply from outside the UK. It was done to give you three months to move to the UK and you still get the extra time even 30 day vignettes and BRPs have rendered this purpose obsolete.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

2.5 years is 30 months but you get an extra three months if you apply from outside the UK. It was done to give you three months to move to the UK and you still get the extra time even 30 day vignettes and BRPs have rendered this purpose obsolete.
Thanks Christmasoompa and BiP for your guidance. So considering entry clearance is for 33 months, I assume that FLR(M) would be for 27 months? Thats how much additional time we would need to complete the 5 year period.

Or does it have to be for full 30 months?
Old Oct 10th 2019, 8:37 am
Forum Regular

sam12345 is an unknown quantity at this point

can you please share how much in total you were charged for the IHS payment?
Old Oct 10th 2019, 9:28 am

Thanks Christmasoompa and BiP for your guidance. So considering entry clearance is for 33 months, I assume that FLR(M) would be for 27 months? Thats how much additional time we would need to complete the 5 year period.

Or does it have to be for full 30 months?
You’ll be given 30 months when you are granted FLR(M).

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.