Urgent Help requied- Uk Working Holiday Visa

Old Oct 29th 2004, 6:01 am
Just Joined

chitu24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Urgent Help requied- Uk Working Holiday Visa

Hello,
I am chittal from India. I have applied for visa to uk as a working holiday maker. My interview is on 1st November 2004 at /Mumbai Uk Embassy. Please guide me as to what type of questions they are suppose to ask in my case.
I am a commerce graduate and have 5 years working experience. (at various places and designation). Also i intend to go to uk for working purpose. My other querries:
-Is my qualification ok for getting the visa.

-What future scopes exist in uk after completion of visa limit. i.e. can i change my category afterwards to some other to stay for better prospects in uk. If yes, the please tell me in detail. I intend for a legal stay.

- Also my fiance is cuurently at uk on student visa. How will u evaluate my visa interview about this point.

- My age is 26 now. Any expected questions regarding this at interview.
- What are major points they evaluate in case of holida visas while giving the visa.
- Basically when they deny the visa

- I am a fluent english spoken and have suvbmitted all the required document and funds related papers to the embassy which shows about my financial standing. What are the norms they required about this fact.

- Also does a job letter from uk or anything like that makes a difference at the interview. I have no such job offer currently.

Please answer my querries because it is urgent and two day to go for my departure from my city. It will help me lot as this site my only hope for solution about my querries.

Thanks
Chittal
Old Oct 29th 2004, 12:07 pm

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Urgent Help requied- Uk Working Holiday Visa

Unfortunately you probably won't be able to get any practical advice on this forum.

This is the forum for British expats who have been living overseas for a period of time and moving back home again! The only visa queries which tend to crop up are where a British citizen has married a spouse of another nationality and just asking questions here on bringing them into the UK on long-term visas.

Just answer the questions honestly and truthfully at the Embassy - it's the only advice I can give.
Old Dec 5th 2004, 7:20 am
Just Joined

sarahlouise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Urgent Help requied- Uk Working Holiday Visa

Hi Chittal,

I just happened to come across this - I am Australian, so I know a little about the WHV scheme, although I personally have a UK passport, so didn't need one.

Basically, though, I wouldn't stress about it. WHM visas are not at all hard to get. I would be astounded if you were turned down for it. You don't even need any qualifications to get one, most people who go tot he UK on one end up working in a pub or in an adminstrative role in an office. Really, all you need is to be under the age of 30 and a citizen of a commonwealth country. I haven't heard of anybody not getting one before.

I think your best chances of extending your stay would be to find an employer who really likes you, work for them while you're there on the visa and try to get them to sponsor you for a work permit once your visa is up. You can't extend a WHM visa in any way, and once it's done, you can't have another one.

Hope that helps. Good luck