Urgent help much appreciated

Old Dec 18th 2018, 10:19 pm
Ish
Just Joined

Ish is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Urgent help much appreciated

My wife applied for a settlement visa on 12th Oct 2018 from India (non-priority). After waiting for few weeks, I was planning to go back over Christmas / New Year to celebrate with my wife. We recently got married in Aug 2018. This morning (19th December), we received our supporting documents back but there is no email whether our visa has been processed or not. I am now in two minds, whether to go to India or wait for her visa to come through. Ideally, she would like to spend Christmas / New Years' in London. Can someone please guide if I should expect her visa to arrive soon ? I know no one can say for sure but looking at some pointers so we can plan ahead. Today is the 48th business day from post Biometric.

Thanks so much in advance!
Old Dec 18th 2018, 10:52 pm
Forum Regular

bookerw100 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Urgent help much appreciated

From looking at timelines here and speaking to other people, Indian applications for non-priority do generally take the 60 working days if it is a straightforward application. But it can come sooner, however no can say that.

In my case we applied with priority in delhi and received the decision 27 working days from Biometrics so it was before the 30 day home office guide for priority applications.

If I was in you position, I would go to India as personally I don't think the spouse would come before Christmas now given the holidays are about to begin.

good luck!
Old Dec 18th 2018, 11:11 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately receiving your supporting documents back doesn't necessarily point to a visa decision being imminent. As you'd planned to go to India anyway, I'd still go - if by chance your wife receives her visa while you're there you can travel to the UK together. Good luck and Merry Christmas!
Old Dec 19th 2018, 12:31 am
Ish
Just Joined

Ish is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your prompt replies. I will wait for another couple of days in case her visa comes by this Friday. Otherwise, I am off to India.
Any other pointers, welcome too! Happy holidays and have a great start to the new year.

Last edited by Ish; Dec 19th 2018 at 12:34 am.