Urgent help filling out C2 UK passport renewal form!

Old Jul 26th 2012, 3:46 pm
Just Joined

floppyearedrabbit is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Urgent help filling out C2 UK passport renewal form!

It totally makes sense, originally that is what I thought of doing , definitely I did not register her with the UKBA
Thanks a million
Old Aug 13th 2012, 2:17 pm
BE Reader for years!

BritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really niceBritinFLUSA is just really nice

I wish they would update these forms for Brit's abroad - the ones for those living in the UK are simpler and don't need you to dig out so much information.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 2:03 am
Just Joined

Jo Jo is an unknown quantity at this point

How did you end up getting on with this?
I'm in the process of renewing my daughters British passport, I'm sure they've changed the form slightly since we did this 5 years ago.
I'd love to know if it all went through ok with the info provided here.
Cheers
Old Nov 10th 2012, 10:01 am
Just Joined

ostuo is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry to restart this same question - but im still confused by this one - and had the same issues

My daughter was born in the US and was given a UK passport through my citizenship (UK). We never had to go through a certification process but instead applied for a passport soon after she was born (i think).

In this case, i tick yes, but what is the certification information they are looking for? Is this birth certificate, passport, other? The notes of course are useless.

Any advice/dope slap would be appreciated

And thanks on the signature question (title in box) i was also unsure
Old Nov 10th 2012, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Jo Jo is an unknown quantity at this point

My daughter was born in the UK, British father, Australian mother, now living in Australia, so i will be ticking No as she has a British birth certificate and therefore wasn't actually registered as British. She is however "Registered" as an Australian citizen by decent so for her Australian passport we needed to show the evidence for that.

If you're renewing a passport it should be a simple process, you will need to complete section 2 with parents details, this asks for your citizenship. It may depend on the year your daughter was born, they change the rules all the time. And yes, the notes are useless!
Sorry I couldn't be more help.

Last edited by Jo Jo; Nov 10th 2012 at 8:13 pm. Reason: more information
Old Nov 10th 2012, 9:58 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by floppyearedrabbit
Hi! I live in America and my daughter's UK passport needs to be renewed since it has expired, I'm sending the passport renewal application form plus documents to Washington D.C. since that the assigned processing center for the country I'm living in riht now but at the moment I'm having difficulty filling out this form on the following section
- Section 1B "Was the Child registered as a British Citizen, BritishDependent/Overseas Territories citizen, British Overseas citizen, British Subject or British Protected Person?"
I have to tick YES or NO

I don't want to sound silly but it is a bit confusing, do they mean that if my daughter has a birth certificate (and she does since she was born in the UK) I should tick YES? and then fill out the details ofnthe citizenship documents (certificate number)?
They are asking was citizenship acquired by Home Office Naturalisation or Registration. If it was automatic at birth, the correct answer is NO.
Old Nov 10th 2012, 10:03 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ostuo
Sorry to restart this same question - but im still confused by this one - and had the same issues

My daughter was born in the US and was given a UK passport through my citizenship (UK). We never had to go through a certification process but instead applied for a passport soon after she was born (i think).

In this case, i tick yes,
If the question is asking about Home Office registration, then unless your child acquired citizenship this way the correct answer is NO.

but what is the certification information they are looking for? Is this birth certificate, passport, other?
Renewal does not require citizenship to be re-evidenced from scratch. However, at a future date this might be demanded so make sure your child has all relevant birth and marriage certificates in order to be able to prove British citizenship without using passport. Especially since you chose not to apply for consular birth registration.

The notes of course are useless.
And you can't call anyone at the consulate since they "sold" the service to a private company that operates a premium rate phone line.
Old Nov 11th 2012, 5:19 am
Just Joined

ostuo is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks all - that helps a lot
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 1:52 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I'm just ignorant but if she already has a passport, why does she need to prove eligibility for nationality a second time?
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 8:31 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Maybe I'm just ignorant but if she already has a passport, why does she need to prove eligibility for nationality a second time?
The short answer is that the passport examiner will need to know under which section of British Nationality law an applicant qualifies for a British Citizen passport. A claim through consular birth registration throws up a number of options and the consular birth certificate will usually explicitly state the section under which an applicant is eligible.
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 8:48 pm
Ping-ponger

dunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond reputedunroving has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The short answer is that the passport examiner will need to know under which section of British Nationality law an applicant qualifies for a British Citizen passport. A claim through consular birth registration throws up a number of options and the consular birth certificate will usually explicitly state the section under which an applicant is eligible.
Is that information not already on record, from the previous passport approval? I thought we were in the 21st century?
Old Jan 3rd 2013, 9:06 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dunroving
Is that information not already on record, from the previous passport approval? I thought we were in the 21st century?
Depends on where the previous passport was issued and where. If the passport was issued in the UK five years, then yes, there will be an electronic record. If it was issued in South Africa twenty years ago, then no, there will no electronic record and any paper records that old would have been destroyed. Safer to send in the birth certificate and save any possible delays.