UKVI SPOUSE VISA REFUSAL -----> **OVERTURNED**

Old Sep 23rd 2019, 6:26 pm
Just Joined

Miyamama is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UKVI SPOUSE VISA REFUSAL -----> **OVERTURNED**

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Nearly there then! It may be helpful if you could give details of the refusal and how/why it was overturned, for anybody else reading in the future that may be in a similar situation.

Hope you get it all sorted soon.
I won my appeal and it was sent to the various units in Mar. Apparently the home office said they did nt recieve it in Mar. The decision was re- pomulgated in June. I have bn following up since then and contacting them via emails. This month was when i got sth positive from all the enquiries i made. I must say that the presenting officers responded so quickly and they are the ones that made me realise that my appeal has been concluded from their end and the nevessary paperwork sent to the visa unit . In all this delay just taught me PATIENCE.
Old Sep 26th 2019, 6:52 pm
Just Joined

I have been asked to submit my passport. Phewwww finally .
Old Oct 7th 2019, 2:44 pm
Just Joined

Rosy2016 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello. I have applied for a U.K. spouse visa I’m from The USA it actually was sent in March of 2019. I’ve had an uk immigration lawyer since day one of this process anyway after it was sent in she had told me 8-12 weeks so around the beginning of june I got an email stating they needed another paper from me so I got it within an hr and sent it to them a week later I got an email saying it was refused I called my attorney up and she had told me the home office made an error and didn’t read all my information correctly there was no way that my application should of been refused and I was to get a paper stating that my benefits I get from the US will continue when I move to the U.K. even though they already had that information so again within the hour I got that paper and sent it to my attorney. Why they couldn’t just send me another email asking me for this and not just refusing it is beyond us. We were approved on everything else but that. The home office did not read and figure out correctly that with my income and my wife’s income we make over the 18,600 annually our income is over 20,000 annually so the ECO made an error and just refused it. I paid for and my attorney filed an appeal the very next day I heard from the judges office a week or so ago asking if we would like to add anything else we could they weren’t asking for anything else which I thought was a good sign really what else could they ask for they had everything so I contacted my U.K. immigration lawyer again and she had said just to send in updated income from both my wife and I so my wife sent me pictures of her papers and I had got the ones I needed then I emailed them to my attorney and she forwarded them to the judges office. My attorney has been saying (her exact words from the emails) “ I believe there is a reasonable chance for success” another email to her I had asked from her professional experience if she believed the chances were good she said (again her exact words) “ based on the error made by the entry clearance officer and the immigration rules I believe that there is a reasonable chance of having the decision overturned” and in the email I sent asking what to send to the judges office she had in her email “ it appears that they may be willing to reconsider the decision“ We are still waiting my attorney says we could hear something maybe in about a month or month in a half. It’s not fair at all I went to visit in July on my passport and we put in a lock down room for 5 hours then sent back the same night back to the US my wife and I weren’t even allowed to see each other we were each told we were not allowed to see one another. We haven’t say each other since she went back to the U.K. from visiting me in the US on January 4, we have been married for 9 months only been together one week as a married couple that’s just not fair. I then tried for a visitors visa to visit her for just three weeks had letters from friends and family my employer saying they knew I would be back and I was approved for the time off long story short I got refused again they said I didn’t supply all the information they asked for when I did they said that they felt I wasn’t going to return to the US, why wouldn’t I return I’ve been there many of times before and always returned way before I had to on my passport why would I risk my pending appeal, my being with my wife there’s no way I would of. So now we have to wait a married couple should not have to meet each other in another country in order to see each other, we have a honey moon in Gran Canaria the end of November ( it was sept but being they wouldn’t let me in the U.K. in July and refused my visit visa we had to more it) so now I had to buy a plane ticket to meet her in Gran Canaria and it’s only for 7 days it’s going to be so hard leaving her after not seeing each other in so long. It’s just not fair. She is going through stuff where she needs her wife’s support not from 3500 miles away but by her side. I’m sorry this is so long I just wanna hear something soon so we could finally start our life together
My email is <snip>

Thank you
Denise

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 7th 2019 at 4:01 pm. Reason: No emails on the forum please - to save you from spambots and weirdos!
Old Oct 7th 2019, 5:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosy2016
Hello. I have applied for a U.K. spouse visa I’m from The USA it actually was sent in March of 2019. I’ve had an uk immigration lawyer since day one of this process anyway after it was sent in she had told me 8-12 weeks so around the beginning of june I got an email stating they needed another paper from me so I got it within an hr and sent it to them a week later I got an email saying it was refused I called my attorney up and she had told me the home office made an error and didn’t read all my information correctly there was no way that my application should of been refused and I was to get a paper stating that my benefits I get from the US will continue when I move to the U.K. even though they already had that information so again within the hour I got that paper and sent it to my attorney. Why they couldn’t just send me another email asking me for this and not just refusing it is beyond us. We were approved on everything else but that. The home office did not read and figure out correctly that with my income and my wife’s income we make over the 18,600 annually our income is over 20,000 annually so the ECO made an error and just refused it. I paid for and my attorney filed an appeal the very next day I heard from the judges office a week or so ago asking if we would like to add anything else we could they weren’t asking for anything else which I thought was a good sign really what else could they ask for they had everything so I contacted my U.K. immigration lawyer again and she had said just to send in updated income from both my wife and I so my wife sent me pictures of her papers and I had got the ones I needed then I emailed them to my attorney and she forwarded them to the judges office. My attorney has been saying (her exact words from the emails) “ I believe there is a reasonable chance for success” another email to her I had asked from her professional experience if she believed the chances were good she said (again her exact words) “ based on the error made by the entry clearance officer and the immigration rules I believe that there is a reasonable chance of having the decision overturned” and in the email I sent asking what to send to the judges office she had in her email “ it appears that they may be willing to reconsider the decision“ We are still waiting my attorney says we could hear something maybe in about a month or month in a half. It’s not fair at all I went to visit in July on my passport and we put in a lock down room for 5 hours then sent back the same night back to the US my wife and I weren’t even allowed to see each other we were each told we were not allowed to see one another. We haven’t say each other since she went back to the U.K. from visiting me in the US on January 4, we have been married for 9 months only been together one week as a married couple that’s just not fair. I then tried for a visitors visa to visit her for just three weeks had letters from friends and family my employer saying they knew I would be back and I was approved for the time off long story short I got refused again they said I didn’t supply all the information they asked for when I did they said that they felt I wasn’t going to return to the US, why wouldn’t I return I’ve been there many of times before and always returned way before I had to on my passport why would I risk my pending appeal, my being with my wife there’s no way I would of. So now we have to wait a married couple should not have to meet each other in another country in order to see each other, we have a honey moon in Gran Canaria the end of November ( it was sept but being they wouldn’t let me in the U.K. in July and refused my visit visa we had to more it) so now I had to buy a plane ticket to meet her in Gran Canaria and it’s only for 7 days it’s going to be so hard leaving her after not seeing each other in so long. It’s just not fair. She is going through stuff where she needs her wife’s support not from 3500 miles away but by her side. I’m sorry this is so long I just wanna hear something soon so we could finally start our life together
My email is <snip>

Thank you
Denise

Boy, it would help if you input paragraphs in your dialogue - it is so difficult to read.

- what benefits are you receiving in the US? While applicants pensions can be acceptable for the financial requirements, have not heard of overseas benefits being suitable.

- with regard you being refused entry to the UK in July this is perfectly usual following a refusal of an immigrant application. You had a new wife in the UK - every reason for you not to return to the US.

- you should also be prepared for a longer wait than a month or so. Appeals have been taking up to a year......

Last edited by SanDiegogirl; Oct 7th 2019 at 6:59 pm.
Old Oct 7th 2019, 8:57 pm
Just Joined

I am getting social security disability the US have an international agreement with several countries England is one of them. Regarding my visit visa my attorney suggest I apply for that to be fair she did tell me There was a chance I would be questioned and a chance I would be sent back to the US but as my wife said I was stubborn and didn’t listen, but I had all the info they wanted letters with photo id’s attached to them letting them know I had ties to the US and they couldn’t wait till I returned to hear about my trip there.
My pending appeal my attorney told me it could take up to 8 more but I could expect to hear sooner then that.
Old Oct 8th 2019, 6:15 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Miyamama
I have been asked to submit my passport. Phewwww finally .
I have finally collected my stamped passport.

Last edited by christmasoompa; Oct 8th 2019 at 6:37 pm.
Old Oct 8th 2019, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

I have finally collected my stamped passport.
Hello may I ask how long you waited? My UK spouse visa was refused because the hone office made an error I appealed it the very next day the judge has it now my wife and I are just waiting
Thank you
Deniss
Old Oct 8th 2019, 7:19 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rosy2016
Hello may I ask how long you waited? My UK spouse visa was refused because the hone office made an error I appealed it the very next day the judge has it now my wife and I are just waiting
Thank you
Deniss
Top tip: if you click on a username, you get the option to see their previous posts. Miyamama’s appeal was granted in March, so it’s taken about 7 months from the appeal grant to getting the visa. No idea how long the actual appeal took, but the info may be in another post somewhere.
Old Oct 8th 2019, 9:18 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by christmasoompa

Top tip: if you click on a username, you get the option to see their previous posts. Miyamama’s appeal was granted in March, so it’s taken about 7 months from the appeal grant to getting the visa. No idea how long the actual appeal took, but the info may be in another post somewhere.
My appeal application was finally reviewed in June wen they sent me a letter requeting for my acct detail to make the fee awarded to me by the tribunal judge. On the 23 of september i got the mail to drop my passport after making the ihs payment. From the letter i see the visa was already issued on 30th Sept . Now that was quite fast . I cn only say that u have to follow up on these people . Send them mails . Dnt think you are a bother to them . They have piles of work and might forget urs . Honestly that is the truth. I had to send series of mails to the presenting officers , determination team and implementation team . Am sure they got tired of seeing my GWF No. But in all , prayer remains the Key. I wish everyone success and hopefully we shall be united with our loved ones
Old Oct 8th 2019, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

My appeal application was finally reviewed in June wen they sent me a letter requeting for my acct detail to make the fee awarded to me by the tribunal judge. On the 23 of september i got the mail to drop my passport after making the ihs payment. From the letter i see the visa was already issued on 30th Sept . Now that was quite fast . I cn only say that u have to follow up on these people . Send them mails . Dnt think you are a bother to them . They have piles of work and might forget urs . Honestly that is the truth. I had to send series of mails to the presenting officers , determination team and implementation team . Am sure they got tired of seeing my GWF No. But in all , prayer remains the Key. I wish everyone success and hopefully we shall be united with our loved ones
Did you start emailing places after u got notified bout your appeal being overturned? Who all do you email? I live in the USA and I have a pending appeal for a U.K. spouse visa
thanks
Old Oct 9th 2019, 2:21 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Boy, it would help if you input paragraphs in your dialogue - it is so difficult to read.

- what benefits are you receiving in the US? While applicants pensions can be acceptable for the financial requirements, have not heard of overseas benefits being suitable.

- with regard you being refused entry to the UK in July this is perfectly usual following a refusal of an immigrant application. You had a new wife in the UK - every reason for you not to return to the US.

- you should also be prepared for a longer wait than a month or so. Appeals have been taking up to a year......
Yes I do have a new wife in the U.K. but I would of never over stayed and stayed there illegally, there would be no way I would of risk everything we worked so hard for. I’ve always left before my time was up I’m not saying it wasn’t hard to leave her but I knew I had to and I did and I would of this time to yes she’s my new wife but I also don’t do stuff against the rules. From what my U.K. immigration lawyer has been saying and how it was an error by the home office I have such a positive feeling it’s all going to be ok, it is just the waiting that’s hard. So much stress will leave us when I get that email we can not wait. From day one my U.K. immigration lawyer said it should of never been refused it was an error made and not by us at all the papers were not read properly.