UKVI Mailing Address in Liverpool Issue

Old Nov 22nd 2022, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

Glassybell is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry UKVI Mailing Address in Liverpool Issue

Hello - how often do people have issues with having their mail delivered to the address UKVI gives for sending documents? I'm talking about this address, with the corresponding department number for what your sending:

UK Visas and Immigration
The Capital Building
New Hall Place
Liverpool
L3 9PP

I sent my ARD application form and documents in a large envelope from the US using USPS to that address (with the dept #) and it's now sitting with Parcelforce who says the address is insufficient. I'm not sure if it's going to be delivered or not. Has anyone else experience this with Royal Mail or Parcelforce? Just wondering if they will sort out the address or not. They told me to contact USPS to amend the address to include the street address, and USPS told me to contact Parcelforce to do it, so that's fun. Is there anything I can do to make sure it gets to UKVI?
Old Nov 22nd 2022, 11:18 pm
Forum Regular

Expatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UKVI Mailing Address in Liverpool Issue

It’s an incomplete address. It should include “6 Union Street.” I’d update that with the carrier. HTH
Old Nov 22nd 2022, 11:21 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Expatrian
It’s an incomplete address. It should include “6 Union Street.” I’d update that with the carrier. HTH
But neither carrier is letting me update it. Do you have any insight on how I would update it? I'm not sure it is the Union Street address - that has a different postal code from the L39PP one I believe, so I think it's 39 Old Hall Street. I'm just using what UKVI told me to use on their website - I copy/pasted it exactly.
Old Nov 22nd 2022, 11:29 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

39 Old Hall Street is the correct street address. I can’t help on the USPS/Parcelforce buck passing.
Old Nov 22nd 2022, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

I only have found a couple people in forums saying they had delivery issues, that seemed to resolve in the end, so I hope I am right in expecting this will get delivered. It seems basically all or most of the UKVI departments give out the address I posted above that doesn't have a street address in it, so things must make it there ok? I hope!
Old Nov 22nd 2022, 11:34 pm
Forum Regular

Expatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Glassybell
But neither carrier is letting me update it. Do you have any insight on how I would update it? I'm not sure it is the Union Street address - that has a different postal code from the L39PP one I believe, so I think it's 39 Old Hall Street. I'm just using what UKVI told me to use on their website - I copy/pasted it exactly.
This is what I’m going on:

https://www.gov.uk/visas-and-immigra...upport-centres
Old Nov 22nd 2022, 11:35 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Expatrian
Yes, I believe that is for when people walk in.