Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

UKVI emailed they have not received any sponsor documents

UKVI emailed they have not received any sponsor documents

Old Jun 12th 2019, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

raysh is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UKVI emailed they have not received any sponsor documents

Dear all,

I was wondering if someone is in the same boat as we are. We recently applied for my wife's UK settlement/spouse visa in VFS New Delhi, India. She submitted all her visa forms and supporting documents (mine as well as her documents). On 7th June 2019, we received an email from UK Decision making centre to inform us that they have not received my sponsor supporting documentation to support the visa application. We were confused by the email as she obviously submitted all the supporting documentation. She was handed back only the original marriage and degree certificates and rest were kept by VFS representative for scanning and to be sent to UKVI. She paid for the scanning service as well. Does it mean that VFS has lost our documents and we need to submit them again?

I have sent an email to UKVI using their paid email services to point this out but I think I will submit all the documents again just to make sure they have it. If I submit the documents here, would it be the complete set of documents including the completed online application form, VAF4A Appendix 2 form, all my documents and hers like TB certificate, passport copy, degree certificate or just my supporting documents?

Appreciate any advice from the members. Thank you.

Below is the email we received:

Dear xxxxxx,
Regarding Visa Application: GWFxxxxxxxxx

UKVI is pleased to confirm receipt of your visa application for settlement.

We are sending this email because we have not received your UK sponsor supporting documentation.

PLEASE NOTE: UKVI is unable to consider your application without these documents.

Please ensure that you or your UK sponsor submits the documentation as follows:

Your sponsor or an agent can submit supporting documents in the UK at various locations in person for a fee of £75 per application, payable in cash or with a debit card.

If we do not receive your supporting documents within 10 working days your application will be processed based on the information provided in the Visa Application Form.

No further request for your supporting documentation will be issued.

With all correspondence please ensure you quote the above GWF reference number.

Yours sincerely,

UK Decision Making Centre

Last edited by raysh; Jun 12th 2019 at 4:36 pm.
Old Jun 12th 2019, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

OSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond reputeOSJG has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UKVI emailed they have not received any sponsor documents

Originally Posted by raysh
Dear all,

I was wondering if someone is in the same boat as we are. We recently applied for my wife's UK settlement/spouse visa in VFS New Delhi, India. She submitted all her visa forms and supporting documents (mine as well as her documents). On 7th June 2019, we received an email from UK Decision making centre to inform us that they have not received my sponsor supporting documentation to support the visa application. We were confused by the email as she obviously submitted all the supporting documentation. She was handed back only the original marriage and degree certificates and rest were kept by VFS representative for scanning and to be sent to UKVI. She paid for the scanning service as well. Does it mean that VFS has lost our documents and we need to submit them again?

I have sent an email to UKVI using their paid email services to point this out but I think I will submit all the documents again just to make sure they have it. If I submit the documents here, would it be the complete set of documents including the completed online application form, VAF4A Appendix 2 form, all my documents and hers like TB certificate, passport copy, degree certificate or just my supporting documents?

Appreciate any advice from the members. Thank you.

Below is the email we received:

Dear xxxxxx,
Regarding Visa Application: GWFxxxxxxxxx

UKVI is pleased to confirm receipt of your visa application for settlement.

We are sending this email because we have not received your UK sponsor supporting documentation.

PLEASE NOTE: UKVI is unable to consider your application without these documents.

Please ensure that you or your UK sponsor submits the documentation as follows:

Your sponsor or an agent can submit supporting documents in the UK at various locations in person for a fee of £75 per application, payable in cash or with a debit card.

If we do not receive your supporting documents within 10 working days your application will be processed based on the information provided in the Visa Application Form.

No further request for your supporting documentation will be issued.

With all correspondence please ensure you quote the above GWF reference number.

Yours sincerely,

UK Decision Making Centre
Someone here niv619 said his wife scanned her docs at an Indian vac but was still told to send the docs to Sheffield. He's also been trying to navigate it. Your issues may be same. Reach out to him
Old Jun 13th 2019, 8:05 am
Just Joined

Thanks. WIll do.
Old Jun 14th 2019, 8:56 am
Just Joined

Today I went to submit my documents (sponsor documents) at VFS London. It was quite a pleasant experience I have to say (for the scanning services charge we pay it better be). I was sat at the premium lounge and waited for about an hour before finally called by a staff. All in all took about 90 mins to finish. He printed some barcodes and arranged my documents in order. There were barcodes for all the documents i.e Printed Online form, Appendix 2, Applicant's document, Sponsor's documents, Relationship Evidence (marriage certificate, wedding pics etc). So even though UKVI asked for only sponsor supporting documents in the email we received, we submitted the complete set again just to make sure. In our case, my wife already did this in VFS Delhi but for whatever reason UKVI did not receive those documents. I did raise this with the staff at VFS and I was told they can't comment on other country VFS but it could be either they forgot to scan the documents or system glitch in India that time. He assured me no issues this time though and they would scan the documents the next day morning. So hoping all goes well this time around.

One thing I have learnt from this is its better to submit the documents in the UK by your sponsor. Also scan/copy all documents and make another set just in case UKVI asked for again.

On the other hand, I think I may have made a mistake too. I submitted my wife's online application on 8th May and included payslips for may (I get my salary mid month rather than last working day of the month). As my wife's appointment at VFS was on the 16th, I thought of including the latest payslips dated 15th May. However, I provided 12 months payslips and corresponding bank statements. It was under category A. So I am hoping they ignore my May payslips and use the last 6 months starting April instead. Speaking of 12 months payslips, I included them because we had a change of ownership of the company i.e the division in the company I was working for formed a new company with a new name. It was transfer or change of an undertaking. So the last 3 months payslips was in the name of the new company and rest the old company. Everything else was the same. All of these were explained in the employer letter by HR though. So it was not technically a change of employment or any break in employment and we decided to apply under category A. I explained this in my letter of support as well as additional information column in the application form.

Could someone advise if these could lead to a rejection already? I am a bit worried now.

Thanks in advance.
Old Jun 14th 2019, 2:42 pm
Forum Regular

niv619 is an unknown quantity at this point

Today I went to submit my documents (sponsor documents) at VFS London. It was quite a pleasant experience I have to say (for the scanning services charge we pay it better be). I was sat at the premium lounge and waited for about an hour before finally called by a staff. All in all took about 90 mins to finish. He printed some barcodes and arranged my documents in order. There were barcodes for all the documents i.e Printed Online form, Appendix 2, Applicant's document, Sponsor's documents, Relationship Evidence (marriage certificate, wedding pics etc). So even though UKVI asked for only sponsor supporting documents in the email we received, we submitted the complete set again just to make sure. In our case, my wife already did this in VFS Delhi but for whatever reason UKVI did not receive those documents. I did raise this with the staff at VFS and I was told they can't comment on other country VFS but it could be either they forgot to scan the documents or system glitch in India that time. He assured me no issues this time though and they would scan the documents the next day morning. So hoping all goes well this time around.

One thing I have learnt from this is its better to submit the documents in the UK by your sponsor. Also scan/copy all documents and make another set just in case UKVI asked for again.

On the other hand, I think I may have made a mistake too. I submitted my wife's online application on 8th May and included payslips for may (I get my salary mid month rather than last working day of the month). As my wife's appointment at VFS was on the 16th, I thought of including the latest payslips dated 15th May. However, I provided 12 months payslips and corresponding bank statements. It was under category A. So I am hoping they ignore my May payslips and use the last 6 months starting April instead. Speaking of 12 months payslips, I included them because we had a change of ownership of the company i.e the division in the company I was working for formed a new company with a new name. It was transfer or change of an undertaking. So the last 3 months payslips was in the name of the new company and rest the old company. Everything else was the same. All of these were explained in the employer letter by HR though. So it was not technically a change of employment or any break in employment and we decided to apply under category A. I explained this in my letter of support as well as additional information column in the application form.

Could someone advise if these could lead to a rejection already? I am a bit worried now.

Thanks in advance.
As advised by OSJG me and my wife also experienced this issue. Documents scanned via VFS in India via chargeable scanning service offered there and sent to Sheffield only to be advised by VFS staff members that the documents needs to be sent back to the U.K the sponsor, i.e myself. Therefore I needed to send the documents to the HO myself.

So upon receiving the documents back and I went to the VFS office in the U.K (do not forget the courier charges to firstly post to India in the first place and then back to the U.K again) they advised that Sheffield does not take originals anymore and needed to pay once again to only be scanned which makes no sense!

As this was already done, originals sent I can understand but for it to be scanned again makes no sense but only a good way to make money from VFS, as at the end of the day they are a private visa services company to make a profit. We like yourself had no choice and unlike you didn't even receive any confirmation that that documents where received.

However VFS in the U.K only charged me upon receiving confirmation from UKVI that the application was received which was a sense of relief, did you get told the same?

Thanks

Last edited by niv619; Jun 14th 2019 at 2:53 pm.
Old Jun 19th 2019, 11:23 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks in advance.
Including twelve months of payslips was unnecessary but at least it should overcome including the May payslip which can’t be used. A TUPE won’t be a problem if there was no break in employment.
Old Jun 20th 2019, 10:44 am
Just Joined

Thanks BritInParis. Hoping it goes well