'UKN' Reference number on VFS Global website?!

Old Jan 3rd 2017, 12:33 pm
Just Joined

BenA- is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 'UKN' Reference number on VFS Global website?!

Hi folks,

My wife and I are currently applying for a UK visa for her. We've completed the application on the UK Visas & Immigration website, booked an appointment for an interview there (at the visa processing centre in Vancouver, Canada), and are seemingly all ready to go.

However, when we register on the VFS Global website, we receive this message: "Reference Number should start with 'UKN' followed by 8 digit number"

We don't have a reference number that begins with UKN - just one that begins with GWF.

Any ideas? Thoroughly confused here, and we've searched through all old emails etc and found absolutely nothing!

Thanks a lot!
Old Jan 5th 2017, 11:18 am
BE Enthusiast

angie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond reputeangie_329 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: 'UKN' Reference number on VFS Global website?!

Originally Posted by BenA-
Hi folks,

My wife and I are currently applying for a UK visa for her. We've completed the application on the UK Visas & Immigration website, booked an appointment for an interview there (at the visa processing centre in Vancouver, Canada), and are seemingly all ready to go.

However, when we register on the VFS Global website, we receive this message: "Reference Number should start with 'UKN' followed by 8 digit number"

We don't have a reference number that begins with UKN - just one that begins with GWF.

Any ideas? Thoroughly confused here, and we've searched through all old emails etc and found absolutely nothing!

Thanks a lot!
I tried googling UKN and GWF and came up with another forum with people with the same problem!

Where do I find my UKVI reference number (UKNxxxxx) : Immigration for family members • Immigrationboards.com

it led to this..! Maybe you will get an answer here.

https://ukvi-international.faq-help.com/