UKM Question (SA born grandmother)

Old Jan 18th 2019, 12:53 pm
Just Joined

bobbykn is an unknown quantity at this point
Question UKM Question (SA born mother, UK grandfather)

** TITLE SHOULD BE "UKM Question (SA born mother, UK grandfather)", sorry

Hi all,

I am currently looking into the UKM route, especially in relation to the Romein Case.

My situation is the following, my grandfather was born in the UK in 1907 and married my grandmother there. They moved to South Africa and had my mother in 1943. From what I understand, my mother is then British by decent, my mother passed away a long time ago and we do not have any passport or proof that she was British. Is providing her full birth certificate showing she was daughter to my grandfather and his birth certificate enough to prove she was British? Hence through the Romein case I could then apply for British citizenship?

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited by bobbykn; Jan 18th 2019 at 1:16 pm. Reason: Mistake in title
Old Jan 19th 2019, 10:49 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UKM Question (SA born grandmother)

What year were you born?
Old Jan 19th 2019, 11:48 am
Just Joined

bobbykn is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BritInParis
What year were you born?
I was born in 1965
Old Jan 19th 2019, 12:33 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, you should qualify via Romein. Birth and marriage certificates will suffice; you don’t need to produce your mother’s British passport.