Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Uk wife settlement visa decision made - apply from outside uk (russia)

Uk wife settlement visa decision made - apply from outside uk (russia)

Old Mar 19th 2018, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

JohnJT is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uk wife settlement visa decision made - apply from outside uk (russia)

All, i have just reveived notice that a decision on my wife’s settlement visa has been made. We have 21 days as per email received from moscow TLS to produce the passports for hopefully a vignette. As my wife already had a 5 year uk family visa, she has been in the uk for the full process of application in sheffield. Due to small family members my wife cannot travel to moscow to process the passport- during application we selected the “ keep passport while applying” section which is how she arrived into the uk with me. I do know that i can present and pick up her passport from moscow but the question is - does the vignette have to be stamped upon arrival into uk. As i will be carrying this and my wife will be already in the uk. I am concerned that after my return and then picking up the Final document from the local post office not having the vignette stamped may cause immigration issues. Please advise if possible. I hope i have been clear in the details.
Old Mar 19th 2018, 10:56 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk wife settlement visa decision made - apply from outside uk (russia)

It was very unwise for your wife to travel to the UK whilst she had an application for Leave to Enter in progress. She will need to return to Russia to collect her passport and re-enter the UK to have her vignette stamped before she can collect her BRP.
Old Mar 19th 2018, 11:26 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Uk wife settlement visa decision made - apply from outside uk (russia)

seeing as she already had a visa for the uk which permits her to stay in country for 6 mths in any 12 then i did not see an issue with it. Circumstances that i was made redundant overseas and i could not stay in her home country longer than 30 days visa free. It was simpler and easier for her to travel to the uk with me. The application was made outside of the uk. Now however if the vignette does require an entry stamp then it seems there is no other way around it. I was just hoping along the lines what if a courier was to send it from moscow to the uk, this would be the same as me ( husband) hand carrying the passport? Being now unemployed i did not need the added expense of flights and hotels in moscow while waiting for the vignette ( if the decision is positive).
Old Mar 20th 2018, 9:57 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

The issue is that she made an application for Leave to Enter. If she was in the UK when the application was granted then technically it's invalid. Hopefully no-one will pick up on this providing she goes back to Russia to collect her passport and returns to the UK in the normal way.
Old Mar 20th 2018, 10:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
The issue is that she made an application for Leave to Enter. If she was in the UK when the application was granted then technically it's invalid. Hopefully no-one will pick up on this providing she goes back to Russia to collect her passport and returns to the UK in the normal way.
thank you for your input much appreciated.
Old Mar 21st 2018, 3:20 am
Forum Regular

AnnF is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there!

I’m Andrea from Colombia, I apologise to ask this on your post but I hope you can help me!

This is my case: Always that I apply for a UK visa the British embassy in Bogotá send me 3 emails.

1st one says they recieve my documents.

2nd an officer is checking my case.

3rd one is to deliver my passport to my home through DHL.

BUT now that they are sending ALL cases to Sheffield I recieved an email that says “your visa now is in consideration by an Entry Clearance Officer...I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF...you recieve an email again form Sheffield office? or from VFS global? or the British embassy from the country you applied from?

I’m asking this because on the email says “A further email will be sent to you to confirm when your application has been assessed and dispatched. If your application was made in a Visa Application Centre, the staff there will contact you when your documents are ready”... I’m a little bit confuse so I would appreciate if you already received an answer from where will come the further email ?

Thank you in advance!