Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

UK visitor visa-fee paid online but still charged locally

UK visitor visa-fee paid online but still charged locally

Old Sep 17th 2018, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

omario2016 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK visitor visa-fee paid online but still charged locally

Greetings to all,

I have a very specific question in regards to the VFS office having taken cash from the applicant despite the fact the application fees was already paid online. The application was a for a UK visitor visa and application made in Islamabad, Pakistan.

Has anyone else had similar experience? I am thinking of writing to the VFS to complain but I don't want to look silly if there is a local fees to be paid as well as online fees?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Old Sep 17th 2018, 2:48 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK visitor visa-fee paid online but still charged locally

Originally Posted by omario2016
Greetings to all,

I have a very specific question in regards to the VFS office having taken cash from the applicant despite the fact the application fees was already paid online. The application was a for a UK visitor visa and application made in Islamabad, Pakistan.

Has anyone else had similar experience? I am thinking of writing to the VFS to complain but I don't want to look silly if there is a local fees to be paid as well as online fees?

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Visa fees are paid online, not at a VFS. Did you use any 'premium' services that needed to be paid for at VFS? When you were asked for money at the VFS, what were you told the payment was for?
Old Sep 17th 2018, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Visa fees are paid online, not at a VFS. Did you use any 'premium' services that needed to be paid for at VFS? When you were asked for money at the VFS, what were you told the payment was for?
thank you for your reply.

Yes, I made the payment online myself. I should explain; the applicant is my mother in law who does not speak English or Urdu but she told that VFS staff member (I don't how they managed to communicate) told her to pay 5000 rupees which is around 40USD. All she could understand was that the VFS staff told her that this is "local fee". It looks fishy to me to be honest.

She was not given any extra receipt other than her passport receipt so I doubt it is for premium service....
Old Sep 17th 2018, 3:19 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

He extorted a bribe ? What is your legal remedy ? None I suspect !
Old Sep 17th 2018, 3:24 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

thank you for your reply.

Yes, I made the payment online myself. I should explain; the applicant is my mother in law who does not speak English or Urdu but she told that VFS staff member (I don't how they managed to communicate) told her to pay 5000 rupees which is around 40USD. All she could understand was that the VFS staff told her that this is "local fee". It looks fishy to me to be honest.

She was not given any extra receipt other than her passport receipt so I doubt it is for premium service....
Sounds fishy to me too. I had a look on the VFS Pakistan website, the only fee I could see that's close to PKR5,000 is an Internet Kiosk service for PKR5,500 that's offered in Islamabad, and it doesn't sound like it would have been of any use to your mum in law. https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/pk/en#la...ate,Descending

Be interesting to see if any other posters can shed some light on this - best of luck in sorting it out, sorry I couldn't help.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Sep 17th 2018 at 3:26 pm.
Old Sep 17th 2018, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you very much for your replies guys. I am really sorry but it seems to have been a false alarm. She has found a receipt and she just sent me picture of it and yes as Spouse of Scouse rightly suggested, they have charged her premium. Even though this is not bribery (as I suspected) but it still is not ethical and professional as she did not want a premium service. Thought to clarify this and let you both know. thank you very much for taking your your times to reply.
Old Sep 17th 2018, 5:11 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

What did she pay for?
Old Sep 17th 2018, 5:12 pm
Forum Regular

premium service (fast tracking)
Old Sep 17th 2018, 5:32 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

premium service (fast tracking)
The Priority Visa service is more than 35,000. I too cannot see what she bought for 5,000.
Old Sep 17th 2018, 5:35 pm
Forum Regular

It is a visitor visa not settlement visa. I think the price you quoted isn’t for visitor visa.
Old Sep 17th 2018, 6:22 pm

It is a visitor visa not settlement visa. I think the price you quoted isn’t for visitor visa.
Priority service for settlement visas is over 95,000. I would check exactly what she is supposed to have paid for.