UK Visit Visa -sponsorship

Old Oct 5th 2019, 8:47 pm
Forum Regular

mmabater is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Visit Visa -sponsorship

Appreciate your input please. My husband (British) and I (Filipino) want to invite my mother here in the UK for a visit. The husband agrees to sponsor her. Any pertinent documents we need to submit aside from her passport? Shes unemployed, and recently widowed. My son and I will travel back with her to Manila on 01Dec. Main reason why we want her to visit is because she would be of great assistance to me when we travel back to manila. The husband and his mom and dad are traveling on a later date.

thank you in advance.
Old Oct 5th 2019, 9:06 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Visit Visa -sponsorship

Originally Posted by mmabater
Appreciate your input please. My husband (British) and I (Filipino) want to invite my mother here in the UK for a visit. The husband agrees to sponsor her. Any pertinent documents we need to submit aside from her passport? Shes unemployed, and recently widowed. My son and I will travel back with her to Manila on 01Dec. Main reason why we want her to visit is because she would be of great assistance to me when we travel back to manila. The husband and his mom and dad are traveling on a later date.

thank you in advance.
Your mother only needs to submit what that application asks for. She needs to be prepared for questioning by an immigration official when she arrives in the UK. They will assess whether there's a risk she'll overstay, so they'll be looking for evidence of her personal and economic ties to her home country. Your mum should make sure she has this documented evidence.
Old Oct 5th 2019, 9:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa

She will need proof that she has strong ties/responsibilities in the Philippines which will guarantee her return.
Old Oct 5th 2019, 10:59 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Has she travelled to the UK recently?
Old Oct 6th 2019, 6:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Has she travelled to the UK recently?
No, this hopefully will be the first.
Old Oct 6th 2019, 6:18 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
https://www.gov.uk/standard-visitor-visa

She will need proof that she has strong ties/responsibilities in the Philippines which will guarantee her return.
will bank savings be enough?
Old Oct 6th 2019, 6:22 am
Forum Regular

Thank you to all who replied. We are completing the requirements now. Do they have a uniformed sponsorship letter for the application?
Old Oct 6th 2019, 5:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mmabater
Thank you to all who replied. We are completing the requirements now. Do they have a uniformed sponsorship letter for the application?
No.... each letter is individual ...
Old Oct 8th 2019, 11:42 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Any other family in the Philippines?
Old Oct 10th 2019, 10:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Any other family in the Philippines?
yes, my youngest sister still lives with her.
also, she will return to the Philippines with me and my son on 01December. My husband and his parents and brother will follow on 12December due to job constraints. The reason for this this trip back to Manila is because we decided to have my sons first birthday celebration to be held at a Jollibee store in Taguig.
Old Oct 10th 2019, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
No.... each letter is individual ...
would you know where to address the letter?
Old Oct 10th 2019, 10:40 am
Forum Regular

I found the following in another forum. Not sure if its correct.

The Entry Clearance Officer
British High Commission
Visa Section
British High Commission
Pretoria
PO Box 13611 or 13612
Hatfield

thanks again everyone!
Old Oct 23rd 2019, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Just an update. My mother got approved -visit visa 6months. We are so happy. The process was really quick as well. Biometric done 15Oct, and she received the text from VFS yesterday, 22Oct. Total of 5 working days only.
For everyone’s information, we submitted the following documents:

applicant (my mother):
passport
bank certificate
flight itinerary

sponsor (my husband):
copy of passport
employment certificate
pay slip
bank statements
sponsorship letter and declaration

others: