UK visa / passport entry situation for my son

Old Jul 21st 2014, 10:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute
Default UK visa / passport entry situation for my son

Just wondering if we managed to get thing moving really quickly and we managed to get going asap how things would work out currently with entry for my family to the UK.

I am a British passport holder - no issues there

My wife is a full UK PR citizen and has the official visa label in her Australian passport - no issues there I don't think.

My 6 year old son was born in the UK and has a British birth certificate. He did have a British passport but this expired earlier last year and we didn't renew it at the time. He currently only holds an Australian passport which he obtained via his mother being born in Australia.

Of course we are getting on with renewing his British passport and have all of those annoying forms to complete. But what would happen if we had to go before this was completed.

I assume that there would be no issue seeing that he would be with two parents who have full UK residency rights and the fact my son was born in the UK and is a British citizen (but no British passport right now).

Just slightly concerned that if things move quickly (small chance they might) that things would get stuck waiting for passport paperwork. Our fault I know as we should have renewed his British passport straight away.

Last edited by Jon77; Jul 21st 2014 at 10:48 pm.
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 2:12 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK visa / passport entry situation for my son

Originally Posted by Jon77
Just wondering if we managed to get thing moving really quickly and we managed to get going asap how things would work out currently with entry for my family to the UK.

I am a British passport holder - no issues there

My wife is a full UK PR citizen and has the official visa label in her Australian passport - no issues there I don't think.
No such thing as a "full U.K. PR citizen". Your answer suggests that your wife is not a British citizen and instead has either Indefinite Leave to Remain or Right of Abode in the U.K.

What exactly is her visa status? Depending on the answer, and how long she has been outside the United Kingdom, her right to re-enter as a resident may have expired.
Old Jul 22nd 2014, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Jon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond reputeJon77 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
No such thing as a "full U.K. PR citizen". Your answer suggests that your wife is not a British citizen and instead has either Indefinite Leave to Remain or Right of Abode in the U.K.

What exactly is her visa status? Depending on the answer, and how long she has been outside the United Kingdom, her right to re-enter as a resident may have expired.
Thanks for that, I will double check that side with her.
Old Jul 23rd 2014, 3:08 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Gozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond reputeGozit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jon77
Thanks for that, I will double check that side with her.
Yeah, if her ILR / status has expired or been voided that could throw a real wrench in your plans to get back to the UK. If you don't mind me asking, why did your wife not get citizenship before you left the UK last? I remember you being a bit of a ping-ponger, or maybe that was someone else with 'Jon' in their username, correct me if i'm wrong.