UK Timelines?

Old Sep 25th 2002, 8:15 pm
Here we go Pittsburgh!

ukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond reputeukemigrant has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Timelines?

Originally posted by rogerpenycate:

Hi.
Don't start panicking yet.
The first thing you will receive is notification that your I-130
petition has been approved, that should be (if timelines are as normal) any time shortly.
If you don't recieve it within a week or so, I'de check with the Embassy.
Once you have that things do move quite quickly, you then send back the OF-169 confirming that you have all of your documents for the interview.
The whole process from initially filing the I-130 until the interview date is generally 3.5/4 months
Good luck
Hello again Roger. Not panicking, just looking for more updates on how long things are taking. I have just sent the OF forms to the Embassy in anticipation of the I-130 notification coming through. After that, it's just a matter of waiting - all the other paperwork's ready, pretty much, except the vaccine stuff.

Cheers, Sam.
Old Sep 25th 2002, 8:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

rogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud ofrogerpenycate has much to be proud of

Hi Sam,
Glad to hear things seem to be going along smoothly.
Stupid question perhaps, I assume you've sent in your DS-230 Pt 1 ?
I didn't pick that up for a couple of weeks, which caused me a slight delay.

Anyway, Good luck and if there's anything else I can help with,
please ask.

Roger
Old Sep 25th 2002, 9:50 pm
Forum Regular

Rob S is an unknown quantity at this point

I have just been through the same process in london.
One piece of experience...
We were also advised by someone at the embassy to just send off the checklist, even if we were still awaiting documents,(in my case the Police Certificate from Scotland Yard). We were told it would take at least six weeks from the receipt of the checklist by the embassy to the interview date.
In the section marked 'when do you intend to travel' I wrote, more in hope than anything else, "first week of September" - less than fours weeks away.
I got an interview for September 4th.
The Police certificate was due a week earlier but in the event got lost in the post and turned up two days after the interview.
In my case I'm afraid I was reduced to blubbing down the phone to a woman at Scotland Yard, who took pitty on me and arranged for a duplicate letter to be issued and for me to collect it by hand the day before my interview.

I'm not sure of the moral of this story, save that in saving a couple of weeks I nearly didn't get the visa at all.
Rob
Old Sep 25th 2002, 10:40 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by samuelburns:

Jack, can you tell me where your I-130 is in this timeline? I sent off the I-130 on 1st August this year and have had nothing back from the INS yet.

Thanks, Sam.
Hi Sam,

We should keep in touch, I sent my I-130 off on the 2nd September so we are going to go through this at the same time. My current timeline is...

I-130 sent - September 2nd
UK Police Certificate sent for - September 2nd
OF-230 sent - September 3rd
German Police Certificate sent for - September 4th
$130 deducted from Credit Card - September 10th

I was told by Cambs police not to expect my report back for at least six weeks and plan on 8.

br

Patrick