British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   UK Timelines? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/uk-timelines-97662/)

Jack Kuespert Sep 12th 2002 3:38 pm

UK Timelines?

Hello all, this is my first post. We are in the middle of the K1 process. We've
gotten approval on the US side, now my fiance is in the UK doing the rest of it. She
applied for the police report on 29 August, we hope to have it in another 3 or 4
weeks (is this unrealistic?). After she mails in the completed checklist to the
London Embassy, does anyone have any idea how long it takes for the background checks
& scheduling of interview? Any help/info would be appreciated, Jack

Steve And Lisa Sep 12th 2002 5:31 pm

Re: UK Timelines?

I do not know if they have a newsgroup as such, but getting a fiancé visa to the UK
from the US is sooooo much easier than from the UK to the US.

Here is a link to find what you need to do to apply. http://www.britainusa.com/visas/guidance/-
Settlement_Fiance(e)s.asp

Lisa http://www.br-
itsintheus.com/marriednhappy/timeline-aos.htm
"Jack Kuespert"
<[email protected]> wrote in message -
news:[email protected]
    > Hello all, this is my first post. We are in the middle of the K1 process. We've
    > gotten approval on the US side, now my fiance is in the UK doing the rest of it.
    > She applied for the police report on 29 August, we hope to
have
    > it in another 3 or 4 weeks (is this unrealistic?). After she mails in the completed
    > checklist to the London Embassy, does anyone have any idea how long it takes for
    > the background checks & scheduling of interview? Any help/info would be
    > appreciated, Jack

Morkai Kurst Sep 12th 2002 5:37 pm

I recieved packet 4 3 weeks after I sent the checklist amd all the forms in together.
The interview date was for 4 weeks later exactly.

good luck

Morkai

Jack Kuespert wrote:
    > Hello all, this is my first post. We are in the middle of the K1 process. We've
    > gotten approval on the US side, now my fiance is in the UK doing the rest of it.
    > She applied for the police report on 29 August, we hope to have it in another 3 or
    > 4 weeks (is this unrealistic?). After she mails in the completed checklist to the
    > London Embassy, does anyone have any idea how long it takes for the background
    > checks & scheduling of interview? Any help/info would be appreciated, Jack

Sheila Sep 12th 2002 11:58 pm

This is Clive and my complete timeline...hope it helps!!

May 24,2002- Mailed money and form off for fiancé's Police Certificate for
United Kingdom.

June 17,2002- Mailed money and form off for fiancé's Police Certificate for France.

June 17,2002- Mailed letter and SASE to London Embassy requesting the forms needed
for my fiancé's side of the paper work.

June 17,2002 - Mailed I-129f petition from United Kingdom by Swiftair plus advice
of Delivery.

June 18,2002- My Petition was passed to the overseas postal service for delivery.

June 25,2002- Received Recorded Delivery Card from Texas Service Center stating that
they had received the petition. It was posted back to me on June 20,2002 from
Mesquite Texas to the United Kingdom.

June 28, 2002- I called my bank and INS has cashed my payment included with I-129f.

June 28,2002- Received Police Certificate in the mail from the United Kingdom and
from France on the same day.

June 28, 2002- Got a call from back home they received first NOA from Texas Service
Center in the mail.

July 23, 2002- Clive Sends his papers off to London Embassy and request to open a
provisional file.

July 26,2002- Call TSC information line and my petition has been approved.

July 28, 2002- Got a call from back home they received Second NOA from Texas Service
Center in the mail dated July 24,2002.

August 2,2002- Mailed Original I-797 (second NOA) to London Embassy because we
received a reply email and it states: If you have the original I-797 approval notice
and you submit that to us we can begin processing on the basis of this as it can take
some time for NVC to forward the petitions to us.

Aug. 8, 2002- Emailed Embassy to let them know that our personal circumstances had
changed (lost job due to redundancy)

Aug. 8, 2002- Received email back from Embassy stating that no paper work needed to
be changed because of the redundancy and that our interview date was scheduled for
Sept. 3, 2002. The interview pack was sent to us on Aug. 9, 2002.

Aug. 13, 2002- Receive package in the mail giving medical and interview date.

Sept. 3, 2002- Clive receives his visa from the London Embassy.

--
Cheers, Sheila (U.S.C.) Clive (U.K.C.)

Texas Service Center / London Embassy

6/17/02- Mailed I-129f petition to TSC from the United Kingdom

6/18/02-Received first NOA from TSC

6/19/02-Mailed London Embassy paper work off to open provisional file

6/20/02- Received 2nd NOA from TSC

6/21/02- Received Interview date for London on 9/03/02

6/22/02- Received Visa "Jack Kuespert" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
om
have
    > it in another 3 or 4 weeks (is this unrealistic?). After she mails in the completed
    > checklist to the London Embassy, does anyone have any idea how long it takes for
    > appreciated, Jack

Sioneva Sep 13th 2002 11:00 pm

My fiance requested the police report long before we mailed in the I-129f, but from what I've ascertained, they have to send it to you within 40 days of receiving your request. That may be wrong, but I think that's what people have said.

My fiance's interview was about six weeks from the date he mailed in his Packet 3. It really does vary, but they seem to move fairly quickly.

Tin Sep 14th 2002 7:25 pm

Hello, this is a message testing my new account. Thanks

Tin Sep 14th 2002 7:30 pm

I need help on this topic, thanks

Tin Sep 14th 2002 7:42 pm

7/23/02-Mailed London Embassy paper work off to open provisional file

Hello, I have a question about this. What exactly is it? i would like to know
because i have a fiance coming from Vietnam and i would like to know what this is
incase i have to do this, thank you.

cjack Sep 23rd 2002 4:15 am

Originally posted by Sheila:
This is Clive and my complete timeline...hope it helps!!

May 24,2002- Mailed money and form off for fiancé's Police Certificate for
United Kingdom.

June 17,2002- Mailed money and form off for fiancé's Police Certificate for France.

June 17,2002- Mailed letter and SASE to London Embassy requesting the forms needed
for my fiancé's side of the paper work.

June 17,2002 - Mailed I-129f petition from United Kingdom by Swiftair plus advice
of Delivery.

June 18,2002- My Petition was passed to the overseas postal service for delivery.

June 25,2002- Received Recorded Delivery Card from Texas Service Center stating that
they had received the petition. It was posted back to me on June 20,2002 from
Mesquite Texas to the United Kingdom.

June 28, 2002- I called my bank and INS has cashed my payment included with I-129f.

June 28,2002- Received Police Certificate in the mail from the United Kingdom and
from France on the same day.

June 28, 2002- Got a call from back home they received first NOA from Texas Service
Center in the mail.

July 23, 2002- Clive Sends his papers off to London Embassy and request to open a
provisional file.

July 26,2002- Call TSC information line and my petition has been approved.

July 28, 2002- Got a call from back home they received Second NOA from Texas Service
Center in the mail dated July 24,2002.

August 2,2002- Mailed Original I-797 (second NOA) to London Embassy because we
received a reply email and it states: If you have the original I-797 approval notice
and you submit that to us we can begin processing on the basis of this as it can take
some time for NVC to forward the petitions to us.

Aug. 8, 2002- Emailed Embassy to let them know that our personal circumstances had
changed (lost job due to redundancy)

Aug. 8, 2002- Received email back from Embassy stating that no paper work needed to
be changed because of the redundancy and that our interview date was scheduled for
Sept. 3, 2002. The interview pack was sent to us on Aug. 9, 2002.

Aug. 13, 2002- Receive package in the mail giving medical and interview date.

Sept. 3, 2002- Clive receives his visa from the London Embassy.

--
Cheers, Sheila (U.S.C.) Clive (U.K.C.)

Texas Service Center / London Embassy

6/17/02- Mailed I-129f petition to TSC from the United Kingdom

6/18/02-Received first NOA from TSC

6/19/02-Mailed London Embassy paper work off to open provisional file

6/20/02- Received 2nd NOA from TSC

6/21/02- Received Interview date for London on 9/03/02

6/22/02- Received Visa "Jack Kuespert" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
om
have
    > appreciated, Jack

OK, this is embarassing, but I just figured out how to reply to all who replied to me (newsgroup illiterate).
Our timeline so far on UK side:
22 August sent by DHL 1st wad of papers to London Embassy
29 August Catherine returned to UK
30 August she submitted request for police reports (UK & Germany)
16 September (I think) rec'd German police report
19 September rec'd UK police report
20 September submitted signed checklist via registered mail (or whatever they call it in UK), to arrive at London Embassy 23 September
That's where we stand now, we are just hoping and praying for the interview and medical in as short a time as possible. The only snag in the preparation of paperwork is that the NHS can't seem to locate her vaccination records, but as far as I can understand that shouldn't be a problem for the medical and that she can even wait until she comes to the USA to straighten that out.
Thanks to all who replied. I have been reading the other postings on the NG and my heart goes out to some who are caught up in bureaucratic hassles through no fault of their own. I wish you all the best fortune (don't like the word luck).
Y'all take care, Jack

jsv888 Sep 23rd 2002 6:43 pm

Originally posted by Jack Kuespert:
Hello all, this is my first post. We are in the middle of the K1 process. We've
gotten approval on the US side, now my fiance is in the UK doing the rest of it. She
applied for the police report on 29 August, we hope to have it in another 3 or 4
weeks (is this unrealistic?). After she mails in the completed checklist to the
London Embassy, does anyone have any idea how long it takes for the background checks
& scheduling of interview? Any help/info would be appreciated, Jack

We called and they told us you can actually send in the checklist before you get the police report. As long as you've sent off for it and you know it's on it's way, you might as well send the checklist in, it may save you a couple of weeks.

cjack Sep 23rd 2002 8:01 pm

Originally posted by jsv888:

We called and they told us you can actually send in the checklist before you get the police report. As long as you've sent off for it and you know it's on it's way, you might as well send the checklist in, it may save you a couple of weeks.

Oh, how I wish we had known this! We had discussed doing just this, but were afraid that somehow it would mess things up. We could have saved 3 weeks. This is the kind of info that one can probably ONLY get through a group like this. Maybe this will save some other poor souls a little time and stress. Thank you for your replies, all of y'all, Jack

ukemigrant Sep 24th 2002 5:48 am

Originally posted by cjack:

OK, this is embarassing, but I just figured out how to reply to all who replied to me (newsgroup illiterate).
Our timeline so far on UK side:
22 August sent by DHL 1st wad of papers to London Embassy
29 August Catherine returned to UK
30 August she submitted request for police reports (UK & Germany)
16 September (I think) rec'd German police report
19 September rec'd UK police report
20 September submitted signed checklist via registered mail (or whatever they call it in UK), to arrive at London Embassy 23 September
That's where we stand now, we are just hoping and praying for the interview and medical in as short a time as possible. The only snag in the preparation of paperwork is that the NHS can't seem to locate her vaccination records, but as far as I can understand that shouldn't be a problem for the medical and that she can even wait until she comes to the USA to straighten that out.
Thanks to all who replied. I have been reading the other postings on the NG and my heart goes out to some who are caught up in bureaucratic hassles through no fault of their own. I wish you all the best fortune (don't like the word luck).
Y'all take care, Jack

Jack, can you tell me where your I-130 is in this timeline? I sent off the I-130 on 1st August this year and have had nothing back from the INS yet.

Thanks, Sam.

cjack Sep 24th 2002 6:07 am

Originally posted by samuelburns:

Jack, can you tell me where your I-130 is in this timeline? I sent off the I-130 on 1st August this year and have had nothing back from the INS yet.

Thanks, Sam.

Sam, I am unfamiliar with the I-130 as it is for the K3-K4 process (as I understand it). We are going the K-1/I-129F route. I know the K-1 Visa FAQ sight has a lot of info and links. Sorry not to be able to offer any aid or comfort. Hang in there, Jack

ukemigrant Sep 25th 2002 7:27 pm

Originally posted by cjack:

Sam, I am unfamiliar with the I-130 as it is for the K3-K4 process (as I understand it). We are going the K-1/I-129F route. I know the K-1 Visa FAQ sight has a lot of info and links. Sorry not to be able to offer any aid or comfort. Hang in there, Jack

Ok thanks anyway.

rogerpenycate Sep 25th 2002 7:36 pm

Ok thanks anyway.

Hi.
Don't start panicking yet.
The first thing you will receive is notification that your I-130
petition has been approved, that should be (if timelines are as normal) any time shortly.
If you don't recieve it within a week or so, I'de check with the Embassy.
Once you have that things do move quite quickly, you then send back the OF-169 confirming that you have all of your documents for the interview.
The whole process from initially filing the I-130 until the interview date is generally 3.5/4 months
Good luck

ukemigrant Sep 25th 2002 8:15 pm

Originally posted by rogerpenycate:

Hi.
Don't start panicking yet.
The first thing you will receive is notification that your I-130
petition has been approved, that should be (if timelines are as normal) any time shortly.
If you don't recieve it within a week or so, I'de check with the Embassy.
Once you have that things do move quite quickly, you then send back the OF-169 confirming that you have all of your documents for the interview.
The whole process from initially filing the I-130 until the interview date is generally 3.5/4 months
Good luck

Hello again Roger. Not panicking, just looking for more updates on how long things are taking. I have just sent the OF forms to the Embassy in anticipation of the I-130 notification coming through. After that, it's just a matter of waiting - all the other paperwork's ready, pretty much, except the vaccine stuff.

Cheers, Sam.:cool:

rogerpenycate Sep 25th 2002 8:59 pm

Hi Sam,
Glad to hear things seem to be going along smoothly.
Stupid question perhaps, I assume you've sent in your DS-230 Pt 1 ?
I didn't pick that up for a couple of weeks, which caused me a slight delay.

Anyway, Good luck and if there's anything else I can help with,
please ask.

Roger

Rob S Sep 25th 2002 9:50 pm

I have just been through the same process in london.
One piece of experience...
We were also advised by someone at the embassy to just send off the checklist, even if we were still awaiting documents,(in my case the Police Certificate from Scotland Yard). We were told it would take at least six weeks from the receipt of the checklist by the embassy to the interview date.
In the section marked 'when do you intend to travel' I wrote, more in hope than anything else, "first week of September" - less than fours weeks away.
I got an interview for September 4th.
The Police certificate was due a week earlier but in the event got lost in the post and turned up two days after the interview.
In my case I'm afraid I was reduced to blubbing down the phone to a woman at Scotland Yard, who took pitty on me and arranged for a duplicate letter to be issued and for me to collect it by hand the day before my interview.

I'm not sure of the moral of this story, save that in saving a couple of weeks I nearly didn't get the visa at all.
Rob

Patrick Sep 25th 2002 10:40 pm

Thanks, Sam.

Hi Sam,

We should keep in touch, I sent my I-130 off on the 2nd September so we are going to go through this at the same time. My current timeline is...

I-130 sent - September 2nd
UK Police Certificate sent for - September 2nd
OF-230 sent - September 3rd
German Police Certificate sent for - September 4th
$130 deducted from Credit Card - September 10th

I was told by Cambs police not to expect my report back for at least six weeks and plan on 8.

br

Patrick