UK Spouse visa (Waiting for decision)

Old Sep 5th 2017, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

hkady is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Spouse visa (Waiting for decision)

Hi All,
I'm kind of worried as we applied for a spouse visa on 20/7/2017 and we still haven't got any reply expect of a confirmation from UK Decision Making Centre on 15/8/2017 that they received my application.
I submitted my wife's bank statements printed online without stamping it , is it gonna be a big deal? or shall i ask for a stamped one from the issuing bank or it's too late ......
please help !!!
Old Sep 5th 2017, 10:12 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spouse visa (Waiting for decision)

Originally Posted by hkady
Hi All,
I'm kind of worried as we applied for a spouse visa on 20/7/2017 and we still haven't got any reply expect of a confirmation from UK Decision Making Centre on 15/8/2017 that they received my application.
I submitted my wife's bank statements printed online without stamping it , is it gonna be a big deal? or shall i ask for a stamped one from the issuing bank or it's too late ......
please help !!!
Might be an idea to say what country?

And sounds like an easy refusal due to the printed statements with no stamp.
Old Sep 5th 2017, 10:41 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Hi All,
please help !!!
Many people don't receive confirmation that their application's been received.

Did you send a letter from your bank to accompany the unstamped bank statements? If not, then the ECO may refuse your application, but if you're lucky they'll request that you resubmit the statements in the correct format. No way to know for sure unfortunately, it's just a matter of waiting. You can't send additional information once your application's been submitted, unless your ECO requests it. Best of luck.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Sep 5th 2017 at 10:43 pm.
Old Sep 6th 2017, 3:56 am
Forum Regular

b813 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Many people don't receive confirmation that their application's been received.

Did you send a letter from your bank to accompany the unstamped bank statements? If not, then the ECO may refuse your application, but if you're lucky they'll request that you resubmit the statements in the correct format. No way to know for sure unfortunately, it's just a matter of waiting. You can't send additional information once your application's been submitted, unless your ECO requests it. Best of luck.
Hi there,

We submitted printed online bank statements and was told by the officer at the VFS centre that they accept printed online bank statements without a bank stamp. We submitted from Hong Kong and all documents were sent through the scanned documents option (which is apparently the only way to do it in HK now).
Old Sep 6th 2017, 6:00 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by b813
Hi there,

We submitted printed online bank statements and was told by the officer at the VFS centre that they accept printed online bank statements without a bank stamp. We submitted from Hong Kong and all documents were sent through the scanned documents option (which is apparently the only way to do it in HK now).
Hi I haven't heard of that before (printed online bank statements without bank stamps or authentication being acceptable). The latest UK government information I can find is dated August 2017, and states:

3.3.4. Bank statements must be on official bank stationery. Alternatively, electronic bank
statements can also be accepted for all bank accounts (the account itself does not have
to be exclusively online) as long as they are either accompanied by a letter from the
bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear
the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf
Old Sep 6th 2017, 6:19 am
Forum Regular

diane1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

Hello, is there an option to pay priority service at the VFS centre HK?
Old Sep 6th 2017, 6:25 am
Just Joined

hkady is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,

We applied from Egypt, Does it really matters?

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 6th 2017 at 6:53 am.
Old Sep 6th 2017, 7:36 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

There are a lot of threads on the Spouse visa situation, and it does seem that current times are about 6 months due to under staffing at the visa centre and a lot of applications.
Old Sep 6th 2017, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

pabonline is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikelincs
There are a lot of threads on the Spouse visa situation, and it does seem that current times are about 6 months due to under staffing at the visa centre and a lot of applications.
Don't be too alarming OAP.

From what I can tell most applications are being decided in 60 days or ~ 3 months.
Old Sep 6th 2017, 2:18 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pabonline
Don't be too alarming OAP.

From what I can tell most applications are being decided in 60 days or ~ 3 months.
There are a few other threads, including a timeline thread where these questions would be better placed, or at least the posts read, and there is the chat thread about timelines as well, what is happening is there are getting to be too many threads about this and people are getting confused as to where to find the information, perhaps this thread is one such. Just looked and there are three other threads answering the questions.
Old Sep 7th 2017, 5:42 am
Forum Regular

We applied from Egypt, Does it really matters?
I'm not sure but I asked the officer at the VFS Global Centre in HK twice if they needed the printed bank statements to be stamped and he said that they will accept them as is. Just hoping they didn't give me the wrong information .
Old Sep 7th 2017, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure but I asked the officer at the VFS Global Centre in HK twice if they needed the printed bank statements to be stamped and he said that they will accept them as is. Just hoping they didn't give me the wrong information .
When i requested the bank statements (UK) they were sent from head office, so they were original and didn't require a stamp, i printed a statement from my online banking which i got the bank to stamp, the bank i am with have stated that if the document is original they don't stamp them anymore. Hopefully you should be ok. Keep us posted on any progress.
Old Sep 9th 2017, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
Hi I haven't heard of that before (printed online bank statements without bank stamps or authentication being acceptable). The latest UK government information I can find is dated August 2017, and states:

3.3.4. Bank statements must be on official bank stationery. Alternatively, electronic bank
statements can also be accepted for all bank accounts (the account itself does not have
to be exclusively online) as long as they are either accompanied by a letter from the
bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear
the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf
I agree, SOS, but with this new scanning procedure, I cannot see how the HO would know whether the bank statements were originals or downloaded.
Old Sep 9th 2017, 7:19 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by michali
I agree, SOS, but with this new scanning procedure, I cannot see how the HO would know whether the bank statements were originals or downloaded.
Very true Michali. As if the process wasn't complex enough a couple of years ago, this scanning thing's added another 'dimension'. What a schmozzle!
Old Sep 20th 2017, 8:13 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by diane1982
Hello, is there an option to pay priority service at the VFS centre HK?
Yes - you can pay directly at the VFS Centre in HK.