UK Spouse Visa / UK child Citizenship

Old Jun 30th 2020, 7:01 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spouse Visa / UK child Citizenship

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You need a genuine offer of a job. Random checks are made to ensure. for example, that the company exists, is legally registered etc. ....
The checks might be "random" if your job is with a FTSE100 corporation or government department or something such as the NHS or armed forces, but I'd be willing to bet that a much higher percentage of job offers from family firms and one man businesses are checked.
Old Jun 30th 2020, 7:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski
The checks might be "random" if your job is with a FTSE100 corporation or government department or something such as the NHS or armed forces, but I'd be willing to bet that a much higher percentage of job offers from family firms and one man businesses are checked.
Oh yes I agree........ we have had plenty of posts whereby the 'company' has had the call from the HO and there is no answer because the 'boss' was not in, there is no 'office staff' or (and I especially like this one) the HR person did not have their cell phone on them......

The HO tend not to call back......
Old Jun 30th 2020, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

Blue York is an unknown quantity at this point

You need a genuine offer of a job. Random checks are made to ensure. for example, that the company exists, is legally registered etc.

Following the issue of the visa you can do what you like - work in the job, leave for a new job.
Originally Posted by Pulaski
Oh yes I agree........ we have had plenty of posts whereby the 'company' has had the call from the HO and there is no answer because the 'boss' was not in, there is no 'office staff' or (and I especially like this one) the HR person did not have their cell phone on them......

The HO tend not to call back......
Definitely I agree with all that you have both mentioned, I am hoping to receive a job offer in a company that has a defined career path. Though in the circumstance that this offer is accepted and I receive another offer from a job I applied for I can then proceed to accept this job offer.

I guess my concern is in the circumstance that I did not work the job offer that was originally accepted that this would harm my wife's eligibility for a 2nd 2.5 year visa when we reapply inside the UK ..or is the only concern at that point that when combining our salaries together we meet the £18.6k minimum income requirement?

Additionally, at the 5 year mark would my wife be applying not for a visa but for an indefinite leave to remain, once this is granted can she then file for UK citizenship? What is the rough timeframe for UK citizenship to be processed once applied for?
Old Jun 30th 2020, 10:28 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blue York
Definitely I agree with all that you have both mentioned, I am hoping to receive a job offer in a company that has a defined career path. Though in the circumstance that this offer is accepted and I receive another offer from a job I applied for I can then proceed to accept this job offer.

I guess my concern is in the circumstance that I did not work the job offer that was originally accepted that this would harm my wife's eligibility for a 2nd 2.5 year visa when we reapply inside the UK ..or is the only concern at that point that when combining our salaries together we meet the £18.6k minimum income requirement? .....
You're waaaay over thinking this - as already advised, there is no obligation for you to take the job offer you used to support your wife's visa application, and 2½ years and 5 years later nobody is going to care about which job, or jobs you worked, so long as you meet the specified income requirements.
Old Jul 1st 2020, 1:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Correct, wife has to have lived in UK for 5 years before obtaining Indefinite Leave to Remain. Then she applies for naturalization.
Old Jul 1st 2020, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

eggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of lighteggysbrain is a glorious beacon of light

I'm in the same boat as the OP and ready to do the visa application for my husband ( I'm in UK, he's in USA) but with the biometrics offices in the USA being closed I'm a bit apprehensive about putting in the application and not sure if I should wait until he can get an appointment ( is, offices are open again?)

Old Jul 2nd 2020, 12:15 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GuestBob
I don't want to get the thread off topic - but I have been wondering if, given the decline in applications prior to the lockdown and the fact that alot of VFS centers aren't re-opening just yet, maybe the backlog isn't that bad. I was kind of hoping that my wife's application might squeak through a bit quicker because we got it in before China, India, USA and many other countries have reopened. There was certainly nobody at the VFS center in KL when we were there. But this is likely to be wishy thinking on my part.
I'm afraid that might be wishful thinking. People have been submitting online applications for three to four months without being able to attend their biometrics appointments and the VACs that have reopened will be operating at a far lower capacity than normal due to social distancing measures. I don't expect processing times to go back to normal much before Christmas.