UK Spouse Visa - Self Employment

Old Aug 26th 2017, 1:38 am
Just Joined

Jackw40 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Spouse Visa - Self Employment

Hey, I am having some confusion about the finical side of things and would like to get some answers and clear some things.

I am currently living in Japan with my wife and we plan to move to the UK. Before i moved to Japan in June 2017 i was working and earning over £18,600 per year (Before Tax) . This job required me to be registered self employed , I do not own the company. The job was in the construction industry ( Roofing ) If it makes a difference.

I do not earn a set salary as i was payed a day rate. Now, i plan to move back to the UK for 6 months in January 2018 and work the same job as mentioned to prove my earnings.

Im not sure if this will be an issue regarding the finical side of things when we apply for the visa. Could somebody explain in the simplest terms how i would go about this and if it would work?

Thanks
Old Aug 26th 2017, 3:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spouse Visa - Self Employment

Originally Posted by Jackw40
Hey, I am having some confusion about the finical side of things and would like to get some answers and clear some things.

I am currently living in Japan with my wife and we plan to move to the UK. Before i moved to Japan in June 2017 i was working and earning over £18,600 per year (Before Tax) . This job required me to be registered self employed , I do not own the company. The job was in the construction industry ( Roofing ) If it makes a difference.

I do not earn a set salary as i was payed a day rate. Now, i plan to move back to the UK for 6 months in January 2018 and work the same job as mentioned to prove my earnings.

Im not sure if this will be an issue regarding the finical side of things when we apply for the visa. Could somebody explain in the simplest terms how i would go about this and if it would work?

Thanks
Have a read at the link below (for self-employment see page 58 onwards) -

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf

While I am not 100% on this, and correct me if I am wrong, but if you want to satisfy the UK spouse visa financial requirement based on self-employment, you will need to use the last full financial year's income (rather than 6 months).

Would be grateful if other forum members can clarify.
Old Aug 26th 2017, 8:41 pm
Just Joined

Usman Wahla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by HKG3
Have a read at the link below (for self-employment see page 58 onwards) -

While I am not 100% on this, and correct me if I am wrong, but if you want to satisfy the UK spouse visa financial requirement based on self-employment, you will need to use the last full financial year's income (rather than 6 months).

Would be grateful if other forum members can clarify.
Yes you are right!!
Self employed person requires to present last full financial year bank statements- and a lot of stuff along side- as said above refer to the link and go to page 58, you have all of it there. Still any questions, do ask!
Old Aug 28th 2017, 8:31 am
Just Joined

Jackw40 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Usman Wahla
Yes you are right!!
Self employed person requires to present last full financial year bank statements- and a lot of stuff along side- as said above refer to the link and go to page 58, you have all of it there. Still any questions, do ask!
Thank you!

But, if i was just employed (not self-employed) 6 months of pay slips and proof of earnings would be sufficient to pass the finical requirement (Over £18,600) of course .
Old Aug 28th 2017, 6:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jackw40
Thank you!

But, if i was just employed (not self-employed) 6 months of pay slips and proof of earnings would be sufficient to pass the finical requirement (Over £18,600) of course .
If you are employed, then to qualify under Cat A you must provide 6 months of payslips and bank statements, plus letter of employment from employer, contract etc to show that you earn the equivalent of 18,600 per annum.

If you apply under self employment, you need to provide a full year's financial accounts.

Read the following document carefully to see how you can qualify: