UK spouse Visa - S question

Old Oct 24th 2017, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

moni02 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK spouse Visa - S question

Hi Gurus,
I am planning to apply spouse visa for my wife. We have been recently married on 2nd Oct in India, ours was an arranged marriage (as prominent in Indian culture) and we met via a matrimony site. Our parents started discussion, our horscope were matched and same time me & my wife started talking / chat on wattsapp. We started communicating on 19th June and then I went to India to meet her and her family and we decided to get married. My question is since we do not have a lengthy communication history will this cause any problems to prove a genuine and subsisting marriage? I had wattsapp call logs from Aug onwards but a chat history from June onwards.
I can also provide screenshots of our matrimony profile matching, which highlights that we both come from a same community & financial background & also an online horscope matching report to make ECO understand why we thought each other a good match.

Really appreciate you guys help.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 9:45 pm
Just Joined

kuts is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: UK spouse Visa - S question

Hey, I don't think so you shouldn't be having any issues but as long as you provide from June, also make sure you provide as much as you can some listed below...

Marriage certificate
Photos of applicant and sponsor together
Selection of communication via Messenger, Skype, email and regular mail covering the period since the applicant and sponsor met, both before and during the relationship
Boarding passes for visits between Applicant and Sponsor.
Any gifts receipts for weeding etc...
Old Oct 24th 2017, 10:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Don't provide matrimonial matching or horoscope matching reports - they are irrelevant.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Thanks SanDiego girl, so what documents you think I should provide to prove this as genuine and subsisting marriage? I thought ECO does want to know background around relationship? is that not correct, kindly advise documents that i can provide. we normally use only wattsapp to talk.
Old Oct 25th 2017, 10:42 pm
Forum Regular

Bobjon is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by moni02
Thanks SanDiego girl, so what documents you think I should provide to prove this as genuine and subsisting marriage? I thought ECO does want to know background around relationship? is that not correct, kindly advise documents that i can provide. we normally use only wattsapp to talk.
well, case by case is very different. However, recently a friend of mine had his spouses visa rejected due to the home office not thinking the relationship is genuine. He knew his wife for 6 months he provided communication it did not seem enough. Now just to play it safe keep communicating for a while and then apply. This way it will save you time and money. And make sure you provide everything so communication, marriage certificate and flight details.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 1:07 pm
Just Joined

Apologies for asking 1 more query... do i need to explain any credits which are from friends cos of sharing on trips / outings/ loan return from friends.

I meet the salary criteria comfortably only based on my salary which is shown in my statements and matches my payslips under cat A. Is it fine if i highlight salary entries in the statement?
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 6:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

I don’t think you need to explain any credits on the statements unless they are massive amounts! Others might confirm this.

Do not highlight your salary entries on your statements. The officer will be able identify those entries and you should not deface documents.
Old Nov 2nd 2017, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Thans Michali, my salary is well above threshold so I thought it should be fine no to explain the credits as I am not relying on them to meet financial req. and its not constand as well, its there in my 4 statements. well the amounts are from some friends who stayed with me fr couple of months... but i have a new contract with my letting agent now,.