UK Spouse visa rejected - 28

Old Sep 8th 2018, 8:31 pm
Just Joined

xxMeraxx is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Spouse visa rejected - 28

Hi my names mera. Im a uk citizen who got married last year in December to my husband who is from Pakistan. I had applied for a 5 year spouse visa for my husband. I’ve waited impatiently for three months and today we finally got the call. He went to collect his documents and visa decision only to find out that it had been rejected under paragraph EC-P.1.1(d) of appendix FM of the immigration rules (E-ECP.2.7).

Long story short is that I got married in December (my second marriage). I attached my divorce decree from the first marriage with all the documents I needed to submit along with my new nikkah papers which were made in Lahore. I never hid that I was married before from anyone including my partner.

I didn’t really read my nikka documents as I just assumed it was proof of marriage and didn’t look much into it. On the documents tho it said I was down as “maiden” and not a “divorcee” and on this basis they rejected my visa and said I made a false declaration on my martial status.

When I had my nikkah the molvi didn’t ask me anything abt previous relationships or anything. He only asked me if I wanted to get married to my husband and I said yes. That was it. I never even thought of anything at the time. It’s only when I got the rejection reason thru that I’ve realised what’s happened.
It says I have the right to appeal within 28 days. Can someone people give me some advice on what to do next. I’m so confused and this has been really disheartening esp after all the long wait and everything else they said was fine. What should I do next ? Please someone help
Old Sep 12th 2018, 12:27 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spouse visa rejected - 28

E-ECP.2.7. If the applicant and partner are married or in a civil partnership it must be a valid marriage or civil partnership, as specified.
Because your nikkah certificate was inaccurate the Home Office is stating that they believe your marriage to be invalid and therefore you are not married to your husband. Can you get a corrected certificate?
Old Sep 13th 2018, 10:51 am
Just Joined

My husbands been going everyday to different places to get it corrected. We have 28 days to appeal but now they are saying we need to change it thru court and this can take months. Surely there is some better way?
Old Sep 13th 2018, 4:38 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Have you been given the option of an administrative review?
Old Sep 13th 2018, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

I dont think so. Nothing else was mentioned. Just that I can appeal without 28 days
Old Sep 15th 2018, 11:22 am

Originally Posted by xxMeraxx
I dont think so. Nothing else was mentioned. Just that I can appeal without 28 days
Was the sole reason your application was refused? It seems rather harsh if you provided your divorce documents.
Old Sep 15th 2018, 12:52 pm
Just Joined

Exactly what I thought. Just a straight refusal because of Maiden ticked by the Imam in Lahore. I sent all my documents and declared it myself but Bcz it didn’t match what Imam wrote it got rejected. Now I contacted my local mp who has wrote me a letter of support and I have a letter signed by the Imam to say he made a mistake and just assumed I’d never been married before. I don’t know what else I can do
Old Sep 15th 2018, 1:48 pm

Exactly what I thought. Just a straight refusal because of Maiden ticked by the Imam in Lahore. I sent all my documents and declared it myself but Bcz it didn’t match what Imam wrote it got rejected. Now I contacted my local mp who has wrote me a letter of support and I have a letter signed by the Imam to say he made a mistake and just assumed I’d never been married before. I don’t know what else I can do
Start the appeal with that and see if you can’t get your nikkah corrected in the meantime.
Old Sep 15th 2018, 3:25 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for replying. Yeah trying with that. Everyone in Pakistan keeps telling my husband he needs to appeal thru court to make any amendments on the nikkah papers. That can take many months. That’s the only issue I have now. I don’t think ill be able to appeal if this doesn’t happen in time. Does anyone know what happens after 28 days and you’ve ran out of time? Do I need to start the full process again?
Old Sep 15th 2018, 3:35 pm

Thanks for replying. Yeah trying with that. Everyone in Pakistan keeps telling my husband he needs to appeal thru court to make any amendments on the nikkah papers. That can take many months. That’s the only issue I have now. I don’t think ill be able to appeal if this doesn’t happen in time. Does anyone know what happens after 28 days and you’ve ran out of time? Do I need to start the full process again?
Yes. Just start the appeal process with what you have. It takes several months anyway so you just need to take up the option at the moment.
Old Nov 7th 2018, 1:57 am
Just Joined

Tahir786 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mera,

thanks for posting. Unfortunately, ECOs aren’t very bright when it comes to legal application of clearly stipulated immigration laws. Anyways, to answer your question - you should appeal against the decision. The fact is foreign marriages are not recognised in Pakistan. In consideration the union council in Pakistan will not accept any declaration of “non-existing or invalid information on your Nikkah”. The system is connected with NADRA and upon registeriation they will not be able to connect your previous marriage records with marriage that never existed. Simply put, it’s an administrative mistake made by ECO and It will be overturned without a hearing!!!

Good lick