UK Spouse Visa questions HELP!

Old Jun 14th 2021, 3:59 pm
Just Joined

SamR007 is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy UK Spouse Visa questions HELP!

Hello everyone! The reviews and feedback of these forums is really lovely and I was wondering if people could help me with some questions I can't quite seem to find answers too. Also i thought i knew the answers but loads of different websites say different or contradicting things and it gets so confusing.

A quick little bit of background and I'll update more with each question. My wife (Taiwan) and i (british) got married recently and she is on the T5 Youth Mobility visa currently which runs out at the end of August.

1. A lawyer suggested that she may be able to switch from her current visa to the UK spouse visa. Is this true? Is it easier? Is it different from just straight up applying for the UK spouse visa? Very confused.

2. A second question and confusion is: that she currently earns about £18,100 per year with her UK job and I earn £5200 per year. Ive been told we can combine our incomes to acheive the £18,600 requirement. But ive also just seen on a lawyer website that says we can't use her income only her savings and we can only use my income.

Is this true?

3. Third is that we know some people that have been waiting like 4-5months for a visa reply from within the UK. My wife's visa runs out in like 2 and a half months, so I was wondering what happens if her visa runs out whilst we are waiting for a reply? Do we need to apply for extensions or something?

To anybody who replies. Thank you so much for your time xx
Old Jun 14th 2021, 5:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spouse Visa questions HELP!

1. Switching to another visa is just like applying for the other visa
2. As she is in the UK legally working you can use both hers and yours income.
3. As long as you have the application in before her current visa ends, then you will be under a Section C process which allows her to remain in the UK until her new application is decided.

https://www.gov.uk/uk-family-visa