In the UK with a Spouse Visa - Questions

Old Sep 11th 2015, 8:53 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Salisbury, UK to Auckland, NZ - now back in the UK!
celeliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the rough
Default In the UK with a Spouse Visa - Questions

Hi,

I returned to the UK in May with my kiwi husband who now has a UK Spouse Visa (with me being the sponsor).

I had a job offer in the UK and started few weeks after returning the country. I have been in the job over 3 months, and now I am looking for a new job (due to personal reasons).

Would I still need to find a job with a salary of £18,600 per year? Am I allowed to have a gap employment whilst my husband still has his spouse visa?

I know the fact that if my husband wishes to apply for another 2.5 years, I would need to be in employment with £18,600 for at least 6 months before applying?

It would be good to get some clarification on this.

Thanks,
Claire
Old Sep 11th 2015, 10:04 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: In the UK with a Spouse Visa - Questions

Yes, you would need to be earning at least £16,800 for the six months preceding your husbands application for FLR(M). However, it would not be a problem if you earn less until you reach that preceding six months as far as I know. But I would try to earn the required amount as soon as possible to ensure your payslips and bank statements cover the whole six months. You don't want to be refused for not having a complete six months of evidence! Don't forget though that your husband can also work and your salaries can be combined to meet the requirement.
Old Sep 11th 2015, 10:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

£16,800 ?
or
£18,600 ?

The latter, I think.
Old Sep 11th 2015, 11:31 am
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Whoops, sorry! Yes! £18,600.
Old Sep 11th 2015, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

feelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond reputefeelbritish has a reputation beyond repute
Question Re: In the UK with a Spouse Visa - Questions

Is the savings still 62000 as well?
Old Sep 11th 2015, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

formula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond reputeformula has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by feelbritish View Post
Is the savings still 62000 as well?