Wikiposts

UK Spouse Visa Questions

Old Jan 28th 2014, 7:54 am
Account Closed

v15ben is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Spouse Visa Questions

Hi there,

Currently researching UK spouse visas.
I'm a UK citizen living here, my girlfriend is American and lives in the US.
We meet all the requirements for spouse and fiancee visas and are currently not married.
After much research it seems me going over there, marrying her then her applying for a spouse visa from the US is the best option. Would you agree?

Would priority processing be possible in this scenario?
As you can imagine, we want to be able to live together in the UK as quickly as possible.
I meet the other requirements, but slightly faster processing would be nice of course.

Thanks in advance,
Ben.
Old Jan 28th 2014, 12:02 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spouse Visa Questions

It's the cheaper option.

Processing times for settlement visa applications made from the US can be find on the UKBA website. Currently 86% of decisions are made within 15 days.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/co...e=UK%20English