UK spouse visa - pretty urgent question

Old Sep 11th 2017, 2:27 am
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light
Default UK spouse visa - pretty urgent question

As I'm typing this I'm sick to my stomach. Any advice will be appreciated.

Here is our situation in basic terms:

We're a family of five. Myself and three kids have British passports. My wife is from the USA where we've all been living for last 12 years.

We've been planning on going back to the UK to live, but because of difficulty in lining up jobs, etc, things have been coming down to last minute. As in, we weren't in situation to start this process months ago. Our plan was to move back in November.

I was starting the online spousal visa application online now, and as I was looking around online I was shocked to see... I think... over three month waits for an application to be completed.

Our apartment lease ends Oct 31st, my wifes job ends middle of next month, and I've been counting the minutes until I can leave mine. For some reason, I was of the understanding the spousal visa process was quick - less than a month? I don't know why I thought that. I understand all of this is my screw up, but I just wanted to see if anyone could tell me something that is going to help me not vomit.

Is anyone able to make my night, and tell me if I have some good options here....?

I haven't got to the stage where I've submitted fees yet... it seems like I have no choice but to do the priority option at this point?

Thank you in advance...

Last edited by ukmancoll; Sep 11th 2017 at 3:16 am.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 2:43 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK spouse visa - pretty urgent question

The problem arose because of the centralization of visa processing in Sheffield, with application volumes being "unexpected", and so the last I heard was that the minimum wait was over three months, and still climbing.

I think I saw advice from BritInParis, our British visa guru, who said that you should expect to wait up to six months, and be pleasantly surprised if it takes a little less than that. I seem to recall that he also said that when the waits were so long anyway, it hardly seemed worth paying extra for "premium processing", because the difference in processing time wasn't that much.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 3:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ukmancoll
Here is our situation in basic terms:

We're a family of five. Myself and three kids have British passports. My wife is from the USA where we've all been living for last 12 years.

We've been planning on going back to the UK to live, but because of difficulty in lining up jobs, etc, things have been coming down to last minute. As in, we weren't in situation to start this process months ago. Our plan was to move back in November.

I was starting the online spousal visa application online now, and as I was looking around online I was shocked to see... I think... over three month waits for an application to be completed. Can someone tell me if that is correct?

Our apartment lease finishes end of next month, my wifes job ends middle of next month. For some reason, I was of the understanding the spousal visa process was quick - less than a month? I don't know why I thought that.

Is anyone able to make my night, and tell me if I have some good options here....?

Thank you in advance...

Please be patient...it is now night time in the UK. I'm sure people will be around to help you tomorrow.

Please do not make duplicate posts or threads as they will be deleted. Thanks.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 3:48 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Pulaski
The problem arose because of the centralization of visa processing in Sheffield, with application volumes being "unexpected", and so the last I heard was that the minimum wait was over three months, and still climbing.

I think I saw advice from BritInParis, our British visa guru, who said that you should expect to wait up to six months, and be pleasantly surprised if it takes a little less than that. I seem to recall that he also said that when the waits were so long anyway, it hardly seemed worth paying extra for "premium processing", because the difference in processing time wasn't that much.
That is also my understanding of the rotten current situation regarding this UK visa.

You will find many folk on here will commiserate with you over this as you will see from the other threads on this subject.

I can't help you but hopefully someone will be along in the next 24hrs or so .
Old Sep 11th 2017, 3:56 am
BE Enthusiast

ukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of lightukmancoll is a glorious beacon of light

I have submitted the application online tonight, my wifes biometrics appointment is this Thursday.

I was never given the option to choose a "priority" service. Did I miss something?

I also put our "date of travel" as November 1st... for what it's worth...
Old Sep 11th 2017, 8:11 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Take a look at the timeline thread for an overview. Effectively it's a mess at the moment. The official processing times for May from the USA are here. Bear in mind that this is working days and includes those who paid for priority processing. I suspect the more recent processing times will be even more sluggish as they were just about keeping to the three month limit but that no longer seems to be the case. Parliamentary complaints may also be skewering the stats. I honestly can't tell you whether it's worth paying for priority at this stage as the difference it will make may only be slight. Your wife should given the option when she goes to give her biometrics unless it's been suspended as it appears to have been elsewhere.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 1:13 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

looking at the timelines some people are still getting their visas within the 60 working days. We paid priority when we went for the Biometrics.

If you can afford it then I would do it. I did.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 3:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies guys. I have everything crossed that this will be quick...

Inselaffen - how much did priority cost? It seems weird to me that it would be paid at the time of biometrics. I know the location here in Chicago, having been there many times, and they're just a biometrics processing place. I don't see how they'd get into a conversation about processing times, or taking payment...
Old Sep 11th 2017, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Inselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond reputeInselaffen has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the replies guys. I have everything crossed that this will be quick...

Inselaffen - how much did priority cost? It seems weird to me that it would be paid at the time of biometrics. I know the location here in Chicago, having been there many times, and they're just a biometrics processing place. I don't see how they'd get into a conversation about processing times, or taking payment...
We did it at the VFS application centre in Dubai. Priority was something around $730. Amazingly and somewhat unbelievably it looks like her visa is already done. Got an email today telling us to collect the processed visa application. wont fully believe it until her passport is in her hands with the vignette.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 3:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Inselaffen
We did it at the VFS application centre in Dubai. Priority was something around $730. Amazingly and somewhat unbelievably it looks like her visa is already done. Got an email today telling us to collect the processed visa application. wont fully believe it until her passport is in her hands with the vignette.
Let us know the outcome.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 3:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

What is your timeline? When did you apply?

I guess it is different here. There is no application center. Biometrics is just for that, a place to capture your biometrics. I know for sure they're not going to give options for expediting applications there. They're just going to give a receipt and send her on her way.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 4:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What is your timeline? When did you apply?

I guess it is different here. There is no application center. Biometrics is just for that, a place to capture your biometrics. I know for sure they're not going to give options for expediting applications there. They're just going to give a receipt and send her on her way.
Online application 1st Sept / biometrics and document submission 5 sept (that's when we paid priority). Got an email today telling us to collect the "processed visa application". Don't know if that's an error and they just mean original documents. Hope not and it shouldn't be as we had a message on 9th Sept stating the application had been forwarded to UKVI. On the visa processing time page (which is now out of date) it did show 21pct within 5 working days.
We will go on Wednesday to collect whatever is there waiting for us.

Last edited by Inselaffen; Sep 11th 2017 at 4:57 pm.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 4:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Online application 1st Sept / biometrics and document submission 5 sept (that's when we paid priority). Got an email today telling us to collect the "processed visa application". Don't know if that's an error and they just mean original documents. Hope not and it shouldn't be as we had a message on 5th Sept stating the application had been sent by VFS. On the visa processing time page (which is now out of date) it did show 21pct within 5 working days.
We will go on Wednesday to collect whatever is there waiting for us.
OK. The very best of luck. Let us know how it turns out.
Old Sep 11th 2017, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

RE: supporting documents, on the Financial Requirement pdf document here, it talks about the spouse needing to provide information on current employer, pay stubs, etc. I thought none of that mattered for the spouse, and only mattered for the sponsor?

I see that it says if you're not filling out Appendix 2 (which we don't have to), then you don't need to show the spouse bank info, etc.

Do I still have to gather employment info for my spouse?
Old Sep 11th 2017, 9:02 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I see that it says if you're not filling out Appendix 2 (which we don't have to), then you don't need to show the spouse bank info, etc.
Why do you think you don't have to fill out Appendix 2?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.