British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   Uk spouse visa..need options (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/uk-spouse-visa-need-options-918277/)

Sumi.ib Oct 13th 2018 10:04 pm

Uk spouse visa..need options

I am new to forum so sorry if i am repeating questions.
my husband lives in uk we got married in 2014 and he came to visit me once only in 4 years due to some of family problems.now we want to apply for spouse visa i want to ask will this 4 year gap effect our application or what supporting documents shall i provide to prove relationship?
What reason shall i give for this late visa application?

BritInParis Oct 14th 2018 12:29 am

Re: Uk spouse visa..need options

You’ll need to provide an explanation and any evidence you can to support your claims. Without knowing more it’s difficult to give you specific advice but only one visit in four years is likely to raise doubts about the validity of your relationship.

SanDiegogirl Oct 14th 2018 12:48 am

You've said the reason for the absence was family problems - if that is the real reason then that is what you give details about.

You could make something up but giving false information is never recommended.

As said, being apart for 4 years, considerable reduces the validity of your relationship.

Sumi.ib Oct 14th 2018 8:01 am

i have chat logs to show that we are in regular contact in all those 4 years plus 2 years of relationship i have call logs as well.we have some photos of time we spent together and supporting letters from few friends and family member to support that they attended our marriage and our marriage is real.
what else shall i provide to explain this time gap?
how to explain family problem?shall i write in supporting letter?

BritInParis Oct 14th 2018 1:29 pm

All that sounds good but you’ll need evidence of the ‘problem’ that kept you separated for so long to go with your written explanation. For instance if was a family member’s ill health then that would be doctors letters or hospital records.

Sumi.ib Oct 14th 2018 4:54 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12577382)
All that sounds good but you’ll need evidence of the ‘problem’ that kept you separated for so long to go with your written explanation. For instance if was a family member’s ill health then that would be doctors letters or hospital records.

if i say that problem was my husband was not earning enough money he was self employed and was not earning required money for spouse visa how to explain this as problem

BritInParis Oct 14th 2018 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by Sumi.ib (Post 12577464)
if i say that problem was my husband was not earning enough money he was self employed and was not earning required money for spouse visa how to explain this as problem

I would tell the truth. Is that the truth?

SanDiegogirl Oct 14th 2018 5:20 pm

Where are you applying from and where did you get married?

Sumi.ib Oct 14th 2018 5:26 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12577469)
I would tell the truth. Is that the truth?

yes actual problem was my husband not earning enough money for spouse visa application and once he used accountant to get payslips but he took money and misguided him so we were stuck .

Sumi.ib Oct 14th 2018 5:27 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 12577473)
Where are you applying from and where did you get married?

i am applying from pakistan and i got married here as well

BritInParis Oct 14th 2018 5:28 pm

Originally Posted by Sumi.ib (Post 12577475)
yes actual problem was my husband not earning enough money for spouse visa application and once he used accountant to get payslips but he took money and misguided him so we were stuck .

Does he have evidence that his salary has been too low to sponsor you for the last four years?

Sumi.ib Oct 14th 2018 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12577477)
Does he have evidence that his salary has been too low to sponsor you for the last four years?

Yes because he was self employed so he doesnt have payslips but his company where he registered can confirm this plus his bank statement will show this..

SanDiegogirl Oct 14th 2018 5:47 pm

There is no way to guarantee a successful application based on the information you have given.

You will just have to provide what evidence you can give of a genuine relationship and hope that is enough.

If the application fails I would suggest you start visiting one another more frequently to build up a relationship,

Why did YOU not visit your husband all this time?

Was yours an arranged marriage?

Sumi.ib Oct 14th 2018 6:34 pm

If i say that i made reason for late application eg i ll say that we had nikah ceremony in 2014 and then he went back to uk and he came in 2017 and we have traditional wedding rukhsati according to our pakistani culture.this will be reason to cover 4 year gap we had.
any idea that will it work?

christmasoompa Oct 14th 2018 7:56 pm

Originally Posted by Sumi.ib (Post 12577507)
If i say that i made reason for late application eg i ll say that we had nikah ceremony in 2014 and then he went back to uk and he came in 2017 and we have traditional wedding rukhsati according to our pakistani culture.this will be reason to cover 4 year gap we had.
any idea that will it work?

As above, you MUST tell the truth. You’ve now given us three different reasons, are any of those the genuine reason or are you just trying to find something you think will be accepted?

As somebody else has asked above, why couldn’t you visit your husband?