Uk spouse visa for my nz husband

Old Oct 15th 2017, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

Skiwi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uk spouse visa for my nz husband

Hi there, I'm from Scotland and have been living in NZ for 10 years with my husband who's a NZ citizen, we would like to return to the uk with our 2 nz born children - having looked into the visa process for my husband I just need some clarification. I'm confused about who needs the £18,600 income in order to qualify? I've been a stay at home mum while my husband has been the main earner so I have no income of my own. Do I need to find a job in order to sponsor him? Or can he find a job in the UK in order the support the financial requirements of the application?
Or is it easier to go down the cash savings route if we raise enough from the sale of our house?
Any advice greatly appreciated!
Old Oct 15th 2017, 11:42 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk spouse visa for my nz husband

You, as the sponsor, need to meet the financial requirements for the initial visa. If cash savings from the proceeds of a house sale are an option then that would be the way to go. You should also obtain British passports for your children and obtain your NZ citizenship before you start the visa process.
Old Oct 15th 2017, 11:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You need to read the following document carefully to see how YOU qualify to sponsor your husband:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment_Final.pdf

You can do it via income, savings or non employment income such as rental income. The savings can be held jointly if necessary.
Old Oct 16th 2017, 12:11 am
Just Joined

Skiwi is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you, thought that might be the case - was hoping to avoid going back to work right now in order to keep the transition to the uk a bit smoother for the children. Will have to hope the house sale raises enough...
Old Oct 16th 2017, 6:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

HKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond reputeHKG3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Skiwi
Thank you, thought that might be the case - was hoping to avoid going back to work right now in order to keep the transition to the uk a bit smoother for the children. Will have to hope the house sale raises enough...
You can apply for your children's British passports in New Zealand using the link below -

https://www.gov.uk/overseas-passports

If your cash saving (you will need £62,500 for your husband if the kids are all British Citizens) comes from a house sales, you will not need to have the money for six months to qualify.

You should apply for New Zealand citizenship before returning to the UK if you qualifies for it and not already done so.