UK spouse visa - live-in accommodation

Old May 10th 2019, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

60minuteman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK spouse visa - live-in accommodation

re: uk settlement visa submitted in Bangkok

I am employed by a pub/restaurant as a chef and the position comes with live-in accommodation. It is a 3 bed flat that I share with my employer, he has 1 bedroom, I have another and there is a spare bedroom. My contract of employment gives me, my spouse and any dependents the right to reside there as long as I remain employed. I have included the contract of employment and a letter from my employer stating no objection to my wife coming to live with me. As he leases the restaurant do I also need to include his lease and a letter from the owner stating it is ok for my wife to live here. Do I need to include any other documents

(I have included 3 years of council tax bills in mine and my employers name, a floor plan and photos of the rooms)
Old May 10th 2019, 3:21 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: UK spouse visa - live-in accommodation

I should add that my wife has stayed here before for 12 months on 2 separate visit visas
Old May 10th 2019, 4:03 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 60minuteman
re: uk settlement visa submitted in Bangkok

I am employed by a pub/restaurant as a chef and the position comes with live-in accommodation. It is a 3 bed flat that I share with my employer, he has 1 bedroom, I have another and there is a spare bedroom. My contract of employment gives me, my spouse and any dependents the right to reside there as long as I remain employed. I have included the contract of employment and a letter from my employer stating no objection to my wife coming to live with me. As he leases the restaurant do I also need to include his lease and a letter from the owner stating it is ok for my wife to live here. Do I need to include any other documents

(I have included 3 years of council tax bills in mine and my employers name, a floor plan and photos of the rooms)
You've done well with the documents you've gathered, you obviously understand this process very well. I know it's a pain, but if you want to 'tick all the boxes' then a copy of your employer's lease and a brief letter from the property's owner stating no objection to you and your wife living there should make meeting the accommodation requirement bullet-proof.
Old May 10th 2019, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
You've done well with the documents you've gathered, you obviously understand this process very well. I know it's a pain, but if you want to 'tick all the boxes' then a copy of your employer's lease and a brief letter from the property's owner stating no objection to you and your wife living there should make meeting the accommodation requirement bullet-proof.
thank's!
Old May 10th 2019, 4:08 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 60minuteman
thank's!
You're very welcome, and good luck with the application.
If it gets processed super quick, you might be leaving Bangkok just as I'm arriving (just on holiday)