UK Spouse Visa - Less than 6 months payslip?

Old Jan 22nd 2017, 9:47 am
Just Joined

iqdot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Spouse Visa - Less than 6 months payslip?

Hi All,

I would like some help and clarification on if I am able to apply for a spouse visa with less than 6 months payslip in any circumstances?

I have a limited company setup but however after some trouble with my first application I decided to put that on the side and just get a normal employment job to get my wife here quickly without a fuss.

If I show 3 months of payslips and if those 3 months somehow cover the minimum income, will that be sufficient or do I still need to wait 6 months?

I am curious mainly because I saw this point on the Appendix:

2 ii)
"any period of salaried employment in the last 12 months if less than 6 months with current employer"

So wasn't sure if that implied I can do it with less than 6 months

Thanks for all your help.

Update:

While checking the Appendix 2 form I found a few points that could either support my point or perhaps I am misunderstanding, points are below.

3.12 Has your sponsor been in employment with the same employer and earning the amount, as detailed in 3.11 above, continuously for 6 months prior to the date of the application? (Category A)
If ‘No’ go to 3.13

3.13 Has your sponsor had other salaried employment, in the UK, in the 12 months prior to the date of application?
(Category B)
If ‘No’ go to 3.20

3.20 What was your sponsor’s total income (before tax) from salaried employment in the 12
months prior to the application?

3.21 Does your sponsor’s annual income (before tax) from their current salaried employment
meet or exceed the financial requirement you must meet?

3.22 If your sponsor has not been employed by the same employer for 6 months prior to the
application does their total income (before tax) from salaried employment received in the
12 months prior to your application meet or exceed the financial requirement you must meet?

Last edited by iqdot; Jan 22nd 2017 at 11:02 am.
Old Jan 22nd 2017, 9:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spouse Visa - Less than 6 months payslip?

If you are applying under Cat A:

5.1. Category A: With current employer for 6 months or more –
person residing in the UK

You must have been in the job for 6 months and must present 6 month's payslips showing you earn 18,600 and above.

I have not seen anywhere that, even if you earn well above the minimum, you can present less than 6 months worth of payslips or be in the job for less than 6 months at time of application.

If applying under Cat B, (less than 6 months with employer) then you use your current income of over 18,600, PLUS your income (from employment) from last 12 months
Old Jul 13th 2017, 11:57 am
Just Joined

Ellya is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
If you are applying under Cat A:

5.1. Category A: With current employer for 6 months or more –
person residing in the UK

You must have been in the job for 6 months and must present 6 month's payslips showing you earn 18,600 and above.

I have not seen anywhere that, even if you earn well above the minimum, you can present less than 6 months worth of payslips or be in the job for less than 6 months at time of application.

If applying under Cat B, (less than 6 months with employer) then you use your current income of over 18,600, PLUS your income (from employment) from last 12 months
What if I have just started working for 3 weeks with a salary above 19,000 after been recently graduated and the last 12 months I have been unemployed whilst studying full time with 2 British kids. Couldn't afford to work full time whilst studying full time with children to take care of.Do I still have to wait six months before making a visa application for my husband living in France? (He is not french but holds a residency permit in France).
Thank you
Old Jul 13th 2017, 3:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ellya
What if I have just started working for 3 weeks with a salary above 19,000 after been recently graduated and the last 12 months I have been unemployed whilst studying full time with 2 British kids. Couldn't afford to work full time whilst studying full time with children to take care of.Do I still have to wait six months before making a visa application for my husband living in France? (He is not french but holds a residency permit in France).
Thank you
Yes, you need to work 6 months and obtain 6 payslips before you can apply for any visa.
Old Jul 14th 2017, 9:49 am
Just Joined

Yes, you need to work 6 months and obtain 6 payslips before you can apply for any visa.
Thank you very much for your reply.
Old Jul 14th 2017, 11:21 am
Forum Regular

london_2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, i'm not sure if payslip is mandatory? You can also provide a savings account along with an employment reference letter
Old Jul 14th 2017, 1:27 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by london_2005
Hi, i'm not sure if payslip is mandatory? You can also provide a savings account along with an employment reference letter
Ok thank you very much for your information.
Old Jul 14th 2017, 4:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by london_2005
If you are applying using income a payslip is mandatory.

You can use savings in addition to income if your income does not come to 18,600 GBP per annum.
Old Jul 15th 2017, 5:21 pm
Forum Regular

Chezdon is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be doing this one. Do you know if I can present the 12 month's worth of payslips and bank statements and that's it? Do I also need a letter from that employer? I was working in NZ and the agency is being quite difficult - the payslips they've sent me are not the official ones (Although they have been stamped) and I have no letter. Bit worried about that part. I have a job now (permanent) that's £25k.