Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

UK spouse visa - leaving UK - need to notify immigration?

UK spouse visa - leaving UK - need to notify immigration?

Old Oct 8th 2019, 3:17 am
Just Joined

SMRL is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK spouse visa - leaving UK - need to notify immigration?

I am a UK citizen and my partner previously successfully applied to a spouse visa for the UK. We have now moved overseas again and just wanted to check if we need to notify UK immigration of this or does the visa simply expire? Just don't want any marks against my partner fro breaching any visa conditions in case she/we apply for another UK spouse visa in the future

Thanks
Old Oct 8th 2019, 3:50 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK spouse visa - leaving UK - need to notify immigration?

Originally Posted by SMRL
I am a UK citizen and my partner previously successfully applied to a spouse visa for the UK. We have now moved overseas again and just wanted to check if we need to notify UK immigration of this or does the visa simply expire? Just don't want any marks against my partner fro breaching any visa conditions in case she/we apply for another UK spouse visa in the future

Thanks
No need to inform UKVI, the visa will just lapse.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Oct 8th 2019 at 4:09 am.
Old Oct 8th 2019, 4:15 am
Just Joined

SMRL is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse
No need to inform UKVI, the visa will just lapse.
Brilliant thanks for the quick response
Old Oct 8th 2019, 4:31 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SMRL
Brilliant thanks for the quick response
You're very welcome, helping is what we're here for
Old Nov 26th 2019, 10:22 am
Just Joined

UK Immigration Expert is an unknown quantity at this point

Under the Immigration Rules, you are not mandated to inform the UKVI regarding your migration or travels however you need to be mindful that once your spouse re-enters the UK she is required to have a valid UK Spouse visa to re-enter the UK.