UK Spouse Visa - Japanese Husband Fees

Old Jul 17th 2017, 8:23 am
Just Joined

Richmothy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Spouse Visa - Japanese Husband Fees

Hi all,

Hoping someone might be able to help with the fee situation so my husband and I can assess our finances and get the ball rolling on this visa application.

He is currently on a Young Persons Working Visa (Tier 2) which expires in December of 2017. We are wanting to switch this across to a spouse visa and from what I can see this is potentially cheaper than the standard application?

I've seen that it's potentially £993 to apply to switch the visa from within the UK?

So in total we would have:

- £993 for the actual Visa application
- £500 for the NHS Surcharge
- £150 for the English Text
- £590 for the premium same day service
+ lawyer's fees.

So in total:

£2,233

Does this look as though it's vaguely correct?

Thanks for your help!

Rich
Old Jul 17th 2017, 1:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spouse Visa - Japanese Husband Fees

Why do you need a lawyer? It's a 'tick-box' application, and unless there are very unusual circumstances, you don't need a 'professional' to fill out the forms and lodge the application.

You either fulfill the requirements or you don't, If you have everything in order, and follow the instructions and submit the required documents, the application will be successful. If you don't meet the requirements, or fail to submit a document, it will be refused.

There are lots of examples where lawyers knew far less that many of the folks here who answer questions.
Old Jul 17th 2017, 1:41 pm
Just Joined

Richmothy is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Vadio,

Thanks for your response, but it doesn't actually address my question, just criticizes our decision to use a lawyer?

I'm not confident enough in my ability to make sure every tick box is ticked correctly that I am willing to potentially lose out on £1,000+... so going to lawyer that my best friend used to get his Japanese wife's visa seems to be the best idea?
Old Jul 17th 2017, 1:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Vadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond reputeVadio has a reputation beyond repute

No criticism was implied or intended. Lawyers are typically ONLY necessary when the circumstances are unusual - criminal convictions, previous visa denials etc. For most of us, it was simply a matter of gathering the docs and sending them in, and frankly, most lawyers don't stay fully abreast of changes in the rules whereas some of the 'gurus' (BritinParis is one) know pretty much everything and are quick to respond to questions.
Old Jul 17th 2017, 4:12 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Is your husband on a Tier 2 or Tier 5 visa? Your OP wasn't clear.
Old Jul 17th 2017, 4:52 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Richmothy
Hi Vadio,

Thanks for your response, but it doesn't actually address my question, just criticizes our decision to use a lawyer?

I'm not confident enough in my ability to make sure every tick box is ticked correctly that I am willing to potentially lose out on £1,000+... so going to lawyer that my best friend used to get his Japanese wife's visa seems to be the best idea?
Still a waste of money.