Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Old Aug 10th 2017, 4:52 pm
Rez
Forum Regular

Rez is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: MERGED: Spouse Visa Issues with Sheffield +Spouse Visa Chat Thread.

Originally Posted by lesathomp9
Hey everyone, just an update on our situation. We applied priority for a UK settlement visa from Canada on April 24. When checking the status of our application online it says a decision was made on July 11 (nearly a month ago.) Online it said we should receive our passports with the decision within 10 working days. It has been nearly a month since the decision was supposedly made on our visas and we still have not heard a peep from Sheffield. This is unbelievable, we are now on day 77 of our "priority settlement."

Has anyone had this experience where they might have lost track of your passports?

We have contacted the inquiry service about 7 time since the decision was supposedly made and have gotten no where. We have escalated our case twice. I feel like they are holding my Canadian passport hostage at this point.

Feeling beyond frustrated!!
Be happy that your decision has been made. And why don't you contact VFS and see, they might have received by now. What they say when you contact the home office?
Old Aug 10th 2017, 4:55 pm
Rez
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rez
Be happy that your decision has been made. And why don't you contact VFS and see, they might have received by now. What they say when you contact the home office?
Plus I also suggest you to involve your MP immediately. If they have misplaced your passport they should take the complete accountability.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 5:05 pm
Just Joined

Quophi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by Emm123
It's Gov.co.uk
Check your visa or immigration application status
Have been to gov.uk but can't seem to find it, can u send me a link please? Thank you
Old Aug 10th 2017, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

fatymoroc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rez
Hello there,

Don't worry okay, firstly did you send the e payslip which was stamped and certified by employer? If Yes that's fine.

Secondly, you would have gone with Royalmail they have this facility, that of course would be applicable if your husband had sent those docs from UK.

However, if you haven't sent an envelope, may be they will send it back to VFS.

And what did you mean original expires password? It is the previous passport? I don't think that would be a problem as long as you have sent the original current passport.
Hi thank you so much for your quick response i reaaally appreciate

The e-payslips were only stamped and it wasn t signed by the employer and that is why am worried,but i ve also submitted a headed paper letter from employer as well as my husband s job contract.

Actually am submitting from morocco and the only express way to send documents is dhl,do u think they will send the documents back to morocco within a normal package or what are they going to do in this case????

In fact i had 2 previous expired passports i wanted to send them as i referred to them in the online application because they ask about any previous travel document i ve had before,i have attached copies of them and a written note explaining why i couldn t send them and my current passport was submitted at tlscontact when biometrics were taken.

Apart from this everything is perfect and my solicitor told me that we were very prepared that i don t have to worry and that it should be fine,but am such a worried persob especially that we ve survived 2 previous refusals i hope this time my visa will be granted i can t stand being far from my love anymore especially that this distance lasted for 5 years

Plz help
Old Aug 10th 2017, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

brynmaxwell is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello everyone,

I m new memeber in this forum, I am also undergoing the terrible uk spouse visa stress, I have already submitted all the documents, online app 28-07-Biometric 3-08-Sheiffo email confirming online application received 9-08-TLS contact confirming application received by UKVI 9-08,i have paid priority and have been told that answer will be within 15 to 20 BD,though i doubt it as i ve seen lots of people applying priority but no answer received within this timeframe.

Now am worried abt sth and would like to have to help and support plz.

We have submitted e-payslips as my husband employer don t provide hard copies because of the "nopaper"issue, we provided printed but STAMPED payslips,is it fine or they are going to make a probleme out of this.

I didnt send a prepaid envelop to receive my docuements back,simply cuz DHL in Rabat morocco can t provide it, could this lead to any issue.

I didn t send my original expired passports again because DHL said that Moroccan passport can t be sent outside the country,but i ve attached copy of then as well as note explaining why u couldn t send them.
As Rez says, if you had the payslips certified by employer you should be fine. If not, I would expect ECO to contact you wanting more evidence, which will result in delays. Shame you didn't attach explanation for e-payslips - they would be acting unreasonably if they refused application due to insufficient proof when you've enclosed explanation.

I'm puzzled you talk about sending expired passport. No passport should be sent to Sheffield. If it contains support evidence the pages should be copied onto A4 (which you did) and certified by lawyer. Were they certified?

I read someone else didn't put postage on envelope to return docs. Sheffield sent email asking what what she wanted done with the docs - returned (in which case send postage) or destroyed? I think it likely you will receive same email.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 6:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hello everyone,

I m new memeber in this forum, I am also undergoing the terrible uk spouse visa stress, I have already submitted all the documents, online app 28-07-Biometric 3-08-Sheiffo email confirming online application received 9-08-TLS contact confirming application received by UKVI 9-08,i have paid priority and have been told that answer will be within 15 to 20 BD,though i doubt it as i ve seen lots of people applying priority but no answer received within this timeframe.

Now am worried abt sth and would like to have to help and support plz.

We have submitted e-payslips as my husband employer don t provide hard copies because of the "nopaper"issue, we provided printed but STAMPED payslips,is it fine or they are going to make a probleme out of this.

I didnt send a prepaid envelop to receive my docuements back,simply cuz DHL in Rabat morocco can t provide it, could this lead to any issue.

I didn t send my original expired passports again because DHL said that Moroccan passport can t be sent outside the country,but i ve attached copy of then as well as note explaining why u couldn t send them.
As Rez says, if you had the payslips certified by employer you should be fine. If not, I would expect ECO to contact you wanting more evidence, which will result in delays. Shame you didn't attach explanation for e-payslips - they would be acting unreasonably if they refused application due to insufficient proof when you've enclosed explanation.

I'm puzzled you talk about sending expired passport. No passport should be sent to Sheffield. If it contains support evidence the pages should be copied onto A4 (which you did) and certified by lawyer. Were they certified?

I read someone else didn't put postage on envelope to return docs. Sheffield sent email asking what what she wanted done with the docs - returned (in which case send postage) or destroyed? I think it likely you will receive same email.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by brynmaxwell

Thank you for ur answer.
In fact the payslips were only stamped but not signed,and they contain evey necessary information and the paid sum matches what is on the bank statment so am i safe if they are only stamped?

Previous copies of passport were only copied but not cerified

I ve explained all that to our solicitor and she said that it s fine.

OMG am so worried now hope everything will be fine
Old Aug 10th 2017, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

In fact the payslips were only stamped but not signed,and they contain evey necessary information and the paid sum matches what is on the bank statment so am i safe if they are only stamped?

Previous copies of passport were only copied but not cerified

I ve explained all that to our solicitor and she said that it s fine.
I'm surprised solicitor didn't tell you to provide certified copies of both items. Its always advisable to have certs. for important stuff, although I have read other applicants saying Sheffield is no longer insisting on them.

Personally, I think it likely Sheffield will contact you wanting further proof of income cos meeting financial requirement is BIG issue.

I presume your husband is in UK - why didn't you put his address to return docs?
Old Aug 10th 2017, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by brynmaxwell
I'm surprised solicitor didn't tell you to provide certified copies of both items. Its always advisable to have certs. for important stuff, although I have read other applicants saying Sheffield is no longer insisting on them.

Personally, I think it likely Sheffield will contact you wanting further proof of income cos meeting financial requirement is BIG issue.

I presume your husband is in UK - why didn't you put his address to return docs?
In fact we meet the financial requirement even when the caclculatiob in made out of the lowest payslips,the thing is that our payslips are only stamped whish i think is enough to show that they are originals.

Well i only have to wait to see what Mr ECO would say if they require other documents i will be sending them back.

Didn t think abt providing my husband s adress but I hope there will be a solution as they must be aware that dhl morocco do not privide prepaid envelop.

That you very much for ur asnwers and I hope everything will be fin for me
Old Aug 10th 2017, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

Emm123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chat about UK Spouse Visa . - off topic posts re timeline v chat threads

Originally Posted by Quophi
Have been to gov.uk but can't seem to find it, can u send me a link please? Thank you
Please use the search icon on Gov.co.uk to search CHECK YOUR IMMIGRATION VISA STATUS .
It should come up
Old Aug 10th 2017, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Blackpearl is an unknown quantity at this point

Can they really take 48 weeks? I have heard/read 24 weeks max .. still haven't got mine... applied in March..
Anyone else from March?
Old Aug 10th 2017, 10:57 pm
Just Joined

Quophi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Emm123
Please use the search icon on Gov.co.uk to search CHECK YOUR IMMIGRATION VISA STATUS .
It should come up
Thank you
Old Aug 11th 2017, 10:29 am
Forum Regular

diane1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Quophi
Thank you

https://contact-ukvi.homeoffice.gov.uk/app/visa_application/checkvisastatus
Old Aug 11th 2017, 11:05 am
Forum Regular

garyede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud ofgaryede has much to be proud of

Got a phone call from my MP yesterday Sheffield had been in touch and was told should have a decision within 20 working days. So in other words my telephone calls and email has been a waste of time. I made a telephone call on the 24 July and was supposedly escalated and an answer in 15 days. The 15 working days is up and I have to wait another 20 working days. Me thinking I have been done!!!
Old Aug 11th 2017, 11:09 am
Rez
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by garyede
Got a phone call from my MP yesterday Sheffield had been in touch and was told should have a decision within 20 working days. So in other words my telephone calls and email has been a waste of time. I made a telephone call on the 24 July and was supposedly escalated and an answer in 15 days. The 15 working days is up and I have to wait another 20 working days. Me thinking I have been done!!!
Actually what's wrong with these people??? This is ridiculous! I am so hopeless about mine now. Do they need 3 months to evaluate a relationship whether it is genuine or not whereas other countries would take maximum 4 weeks to process a spouse visa.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.