UK spouse visa help

Old Apr 27th 2019, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

Shayemilio9594 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK spouse visa help

When I met my fiance, he was already married and awaiting a Canadian visa to join his wife.

I am just looking for some advice on whether the HO will look negatively upon our relationship? I'll explain his immigration history below:

After meeting me, he decided to end his relationship with his wife (now awaiting final divorce papers).

His lawyer had written an email to the canada embassy stating the change in his relationship. He received no reply, however a few months later got an email to go to an interview.

In the interview he explained that his relationship had broken down and no longer felt he was entitled to the visa as he had met someone else, which the visa officer basically said thanks and good luck. The visa was refused on genuineness and a few other factors. At the time he didn't realise that he could withdraw the application.

We are now wanting to apply for the UK spouse visa after he is divorced, and we are married.

I know no one will know for sure, but do you think that this will negatively affect our application?
Old Apr 27th 2019, 6:32 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK spouse visa help

Providing you are married when you apply and your relationship is genuine then it shouldn’t necessarily be an issue. Who is the applicant, you or your fiancé?
Old Apr 27th 2019, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

Thank you for your reply. My fiancé is the applicant.
Old Apr 28th 2019, 1:05 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Providing you are open about the situation and the refused Canadian visa I don’t foresee it being an issue once you are married.
Old Apr 28th 2019, 9:21 pm
Just Joined

Okay, thank you very much. We will be honest about everything.