UK Spouse VISA HELP

Old Aug 26th 2018, 7:31 pm
wam
Forum Regular

wam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Spouse VISA HELP

Hello,

I am a PhD student in the UK and receive £16000 per annum tax-free stipend which is above the £15800 threshold for sponsoring a spouse. I am a British National but my wife-to-be is not for which she needs to apply for her spouse Visa. We are planning to get married in the beginning of next year and apply for the visa by March 2019 (my stipend will continue until March 2020 so the stipend will continue for next 12 month from the date of application as per requirement in FM 1.7 Appendix).

The thing that I am a bit confused about is that my stipend has increased from last month to £16000, previously it was £15100. As we are planning to apply for the visa in March 2019 and by then I will be having more than 6 months of bank statement to show that the £16000 is being paid into my bank account. I also have a document which mentions that the stipend will last until March 2020 and the latest pay. Moreover, I can also request for an additional document from my department mentioning my status, pay and dates.

So, I just want to know if this condition is acceptable? I have read through FM 1.7 Appendix and it only mentions that the stipend should be paid for the period of 12 months from the date of application.

Kindly help.

Thanks.

Wam

Please help.

Thanks.

​​​​​​​
Old Aug 26th 2018, 9:01 pm
Banned

az2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond reputeaz2014 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spouse VISA HELP

Where did you get the £15800 figure from?
Old Aug 27th 2018, 5:00 am
wam
Forum Regular

wam is an unknown quantity at this point

It is the minimum pay threshold for those who can apply under maintenance grant/research stipend category. It is mentioned in FM 1.7 Appendix.
Old Sep 12th 2018, 12:22 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

That's fine. As the guidance says you only need to be in receipt of it, or will be within three months of the application date, for at least twelve months.