UK Spouse VISA with EU Resident Permit

Old Jan 21st 2019, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

stha2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Spouse VISA with EU Resident Permit

Hello All,
I am Non-EU National living in Germany my wife is British. We got married in September 2018 we lived here together for few months During that period, I have applied for a visa and I received Resident permit as a family member of Union Citizen. Lately, My wife was not comfortable with the language so She went back. Now We are planning to apply for UK Spouse Visa. Will this Resident card create any problem during my visa application? As far as I know, I received this resident permit as a spouse of the UK national. She has already moved out to the UK and started working again with the same job that she used to do. I am worried about how the Consular interprets my situation. Does this create any problem?
Thanks and looking for a positive response.
Old Jan 21st 2019, 5:36 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spouse VISA with EU Resident Permit

Is it still within its validity period? When did she leave Germany? Which passport(s) do you hold?
Old Jan 21st 2019, 5:40 pm
Just Joined

Hi,
Thanks for the reply. Yes, it still has 4 and a half years of validity. She left last year in December. I have Nepalese passport.
Thanks
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 8:44 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

And your wife is planning to work for six months in order to sponsor you for a UK spouse visa?
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 8:50 am
Just Joined

Hi,
she came here lasttime in here holiday to see how it goes. She didn't resign from her job. So she is currently working with the same job from Last one year.
Thanks
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 11:48 am

In that case I would start to apply for your spouse visa as soon as possible.
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 1:47 pm
Just Joined

Hi,
thanks for the message. I am only worried about the status I have here in Germany. I recently got resident permit as a family member of European citizen. As far as I know, I received because we are registered here and living together. After registration she didn't feel like staying and moved back. Does this create a problem with my spouse application?
Old Jan 22nd 2019, 4:36 pm

Originally Posted by stha2
Hi,
thanks for the message. I am only worried about the status I have here in Germany. I recently got resident permit as a family member of European citizen. As far as I know, I received because we are registered here and living together. After registration she didn't feel like staying and moved back. Does this create a problem with my spouse application?
Not if you apply quickly.
Old Jan 25th 2019, 2:08 am
Just Joined

Hi,
Thank you very much for the response BritInParis. What do you really mean by 'If you apply quickly'. I am planning to apply at the beginning of April. Is this will be too late.
Thanks
Old Jan 25th 2019, 8:24 am

Hi,
Thank you very much for the response BritInParis. What do you really mean by 'If you apply quickly'. I am planning to apply at the beginning of April. Is this will be too late.
Thanks
The risk will go up the longer you wait. Why April?
Old Jan 25th 2019, 8:59 am
Just Joined

Hi,
She needs to work two more months to meet financial requirements. She has earned less in the last two months.
Thanks
Old Jan 25th 2019, 4:29 pm

Hi,
She needs to work two more months to meet financial requirements. She has earned less in the last two months.
Thanks
Have you looked at whether her income qualifies under Category B?
Old Jan 28th 2019, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

takhtar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Hello, you should not worry about that. As I was on the same boat and now I am in UK. I was also holding a resident permit as a family member of EU citizen and my wife went back to UK to work in order to sponcor me while I was still in Germany. Keep her registered until you get a UK visa. Becuase if she unregisters that will cause problem for you as well because your resident permit is given to you based on your wife.

I hope this information is helpful. Thanks.
Old Mar 9th 2019, 2:16 pm
Just Joined

Hello takhtar ,
Thank you very much for your valuable answer. I traveled back to my home so was late to respond. Sorry for that. I am now planning to apply for the UK Spouse visa and almost ready with the documents. Can you please share your experience wrt. the documents. When I checked with gov.uk I found that I do not need a visa to travel. Is that only for travel? or I can go there on this visa and apply there only. Please suggest. Thanks
Old Mar 9th 2019, 3:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

You have to apply for a spouse visa from your home country ... you cannot apply from within the UK

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.