UK Spouse Visa - Documentation Checklist

Old Feb 10th 2015, 7:36 am
Forum Regular

Location: From Salisbury, UK to Auckland, NZ - now back in the UK!
celeliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the rough
Default UK Spouse Visa - Documentation Checklist

Hi everyone

I'm almost done for putting together my husband's spouse visa application. The UKBA checklist has given us some ideas what kind of documentation to enclose so I just posting a thread to make sure I'm not missing anything else.

We'll be applying from NZ, my husband is the NZ Citizen and I'm the British sponsor. Also, I have a job offer in the UK to start in May 2015.

Here's what I have so far:

Printed online application form
Appendix 2 Form
Biometrics information
Priority processing service receipt

APPLICANT
Current NZ Passport
Old NZ Passport???
2 passport photos

SPONSOR
UK Passport or a certified copy of my bio pages signed by a UK solicitor???
Passport photos???
Opening letter including details of our relationship/marriage over the last 5 years we have been together

FINANCIAL REQUIREMENTS – SPONSOR
Letter of job offer in the UK
Signed letter from employer that I am current employment for at least 6 months with salary details/length of employment
6 months’ payslips
Copy of my Individual Agreement?
6 months bank statements
Letter from bank when I opened my bank account

ACCOMMODATION
Letter from my parent that we will be staying with her.
Copy of a Title Deed of her property.

GENUINE RELATIONSHIP
Marriage Certificate
Photos i.e. wedding???
Utility bills showing both of our names???
Letter from the bank to show when we opened our joint bank and savings accounts???
6 months' joint bank and savings statements???
Applicant’s Dissolution Order from previous marriage

OTHER
Letter from the Court to show applicant’s criminal conviction from 10 years ago
Pre-paid self-addressed return envelope (Courier Bag)

Do we need to include anything else?

Thanks
Claire
Old Feb 10th 2015, 3:05 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spouse Visa - Documentation Checklist

looks OK, but you may want to add a few bits more

http://britishexpats.com/forum/citiz...s-list-852071/

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...settlement.pdf
Old Feb 12th 2015, 6:28 pm
Forum Regular

LBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really niceLBJR07 is just really nice

If you don't mind me asking, did you have any difficulty in finding a job from overseas? Did you interview via skype or fly over? Good luck with your application!
Old Feb 12th 2015, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

Location: From Salisbury, UK to Auckland, NZ - now back in the UK!
celeliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the roughceleliza is a jewel in the rough

With regards to the utility bills - we only have them online so we just print out the bills every month - although it shows both of our names with our address on it. That should be okay? And how far back should I print the online bills?

LBJR07 - I was in contact with someone who has a business in the UK and had been having discussions/interviews via Skype for the last few months so I was offered a position which I was very lucky!
Old Feb 20th 2015, 6:30 pm
Just Joined

Fedupandt1red is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.

This isn't a reply as such but connected. I'm getting all documentation together. Just really need bank statements now. Was wondering though if I need a house inspection certificate from my Mum in UK. Me & my Canadian husband (hoping to be successful with his visa app) plan to stay with Mum for approx. 3 months while I give my tenant notice & then carry out some remedial work on my mortgage free house. I have a letter from Mum clarifying this which also includes number of rooms, mortgage free, independent means, living on her own etc. Thanks.
Old Feb 20th 2015, 6:48 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Is the house in your name, if not, then it isn't your capital asset & has zero value to you.

If its a yes, then I suggest that you need the deeds, land titles certificate or lawyers letter to show it has zero liens & registered in your name, a legal property valuation certificate is required to go with your application as counting towards meeting financial requirements in conjunction with your other cash savings etc?

Although, maybe the house as a capital asset may not count towards the 62,500, unless it was sold?

section 7.4 in the link

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...equirement.pdf

Likely others can add to that point

If your Mum has provided a letter to state 'on your return, your accommodation is with her', at her address & that you'll be living 'rent free' then that should go with your application

Last edited by not2old; Feb 20th 2015 at 7:36 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2015, 8:09 pm
Just Joined

My house, which has a tenant in it, belongs to me. I have all the relevant paperwork to support this. It is not counted as a capital asset and I don't need it to be. I just wanted to know if I need a house inspection done on my Mum's house where we will stay temporarily for 3 months before moving in to my property. I have read other threads where people mention a house inspection but I'm not sure if it is a necessity in my case. The link to the directorate, which I have read several times, does not clarify this. Thanks.
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 12:28 am
Just Joined

MichaelCollins12 is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't think you need a PIR. The letter from your mum plus the Land Registry document is sufficient. I've done 2 spouse visas apps with that info(!) and got both of them.
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 10:39 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Utilty Bills

we are overseas and due to foreigners not being allowed to own real estate the house and bills are in wife's name.

Will this be a problem?

Our Bank accounts are joint but they do not print original statements as it is purely on line. This going to be a problem?
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 3:09 pm
Just Joined

Thank you MichaelCollins12. Just what I was hoping!
Old Feb 22nd 2015, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

MikeMike. Not sure about utility bills. But your bank, on request, will print bank statements for all online accounts. Here is a snippet from "Immigration Rules
Appendix FM-SE Electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page'. I'm with Lloyds and they have been extremely helpful with this.

Last edited by Fedupandt1red; Feb 22nd 2015 at 3:24 pm. Reason: Left out name of poster
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 5:07 am
BE Forum Addict

mikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond reputemikemike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fedupandt1red
MikeMike. Not sure about utility bills. But your bank, on request, will print bank statements for all online accounts. Here is a snippet from "Immigration Rules
Appendix FM-SE Electronic bank statements which are either accompanied by a letter from the bank on its headed stationery confirming that the documents are authentic or which bear the official stamp of the issuing bank on every page'. I'm with Lloyds and they have been extremely helpful with this.
I am with an overseas bank and they do not keep records after two months for on line. Being overseas I find I am unable to open a UK bank account.
Old Feb 23rd 2015, 7:32 am
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

How recent do bank statements have to be? Say I contacted my bank in early January and they sent me bank statements up till 31 December. When would they "expire" and have to be replaced with more up to date bank statements, if it took me longer than anticipated to get other paperwork together?
Thanks.
Old Dec 20th 2015, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

josephinear is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, just looking for abit of advice and guidance when I apply for my husbands spouse visa.
I am a british citizen working in the uk, my husband is Malaysian and we are looking to submit his application in Kuala Lumpur early April 16.
Firstly when should we make the online application? Is it no longer than 28 days before we submit the documents?
And secondly does my checklist cover everything needed..
-print online application
- biometics receipt and settlement processing receipt
- copy of my passport, my orig birth cert and our marriage cert
-pictures from our wedding and a few older pics of our relationship before our marriage
- brief letter stating when we met, relationship and marriage?
- husbands passport, previous passports and birth cert
-his tb and English test
-my 6 months of payslips, bank statements, date of opening bank account, letter from my employer stating my salary, employment date and employment type (permanent)
-accommodation details from my mother stating her tenancy agreement and letter from here stating we can stay with her
and photocopy everything.
I would really appreciate any advice etc thank you.
Old Dec 20th 2015, 12:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

michali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond reputemichali has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fedupandt1red
Hi.

This isn't a reply as such but connected. I'm getting all documentation together. Just really need bank statements now. Was wondering though if I need a house inspection certificate from my Mum in UK. Me & my Canadian husband (hoping to be successful with his visa app) plan to stay with Mum for approx. 3 months while I give my tenant notice & then carry out some remedial work on my mortgage free house. I have a letter from Mum clarifying this which also includes number of rooms, mortgage free, independent means, living on her own etc. Thanks.
I would advise a PIR as you will be sharing with your mother. As UKVI are being very precise in their requirements, I would include everything they ask for and not risk a refusal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.