British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/)
-   -   UK Spouse Visa checklist (https://britishexpats.com/forum/citizenship-passports-spouse-family-visas-uk-196/uk-spouse-visa-checklist-930888/)

markandebony Feb 5th 2020 3:39 pm

UK Spouse Visa checklist

Our situation is slightly complicated. We successfully applied for a spouse visa and the first one expires on April 21 2020. Last August we had to return to Hong Kong to deal with family matters plus support family through protests and now this virus.

That means my wife will have been out of the UK for 9 months plus which in the end makes her ILR bit more tricky.

So we decided to apply again for a new visa from HK, frustrating but not many options.

This time we will apply the savings route.

So we are gathering our documents for submission and have the checklist below in mind. Note we are applying via the savings route.Do i need to include any proof of our accommodation here in Hong Kong as i cannot see such requirement on the list?Plus for some part of the savings, my wifes proof is a bank passbook, there are no statements with it. Most of the monies are in the UK but some here in Hong Kong.
UK visa application form. For the spouse visa you will need to submit the form
Valid passport with at least an empty page in order to be able to affix visa.
Your previous passports.
Two passport-sized color photos that are in line with the requirements set by the UK.

Proof of English language requirement.

Proof of financial means.

Proof of relationship as photos of you two together, etc.

Your full name.
Your date of birth.
Details of any previous immigration applications, if any.
Certificate of criminal record.

Your national insurance number, if any.

Your parents date of birth and nationality if you âre applying from outside the UK.
Proof of accommodation. You will need to present a document that shows where you will be accommodated while in the United Kingdom.

Biometric information. This includes giving your fingerprints and a digital photograph taken at the appropriate application center.

Proof of paid spouse visa fees. You should submit the receipt that confirms you have paid the visa fee as required

Any comments appreciatedll

SanDiegogirl Feb 5th 2020 3:44 pm

Re: UK Spouse Visa checklist

What you need to submit for the application is the same as for your initial visa.

No you do not need to give details of your HK accommodation.

BritInParis Feb 5th 2020 4:17 pm

Applying again from Hong Kong is not the smart move if you’re planning on returning to the UK before the end of April. There’s no hard and fast rules regarding absences for spouse visa holders.

SanDiegogirl Feb 5th 2020 7:41 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12802243)
Applying again from Hong Kong is not the smart move if you’re planning on returning to the UK before the end of April. There’s no hard and fast rules regarding absences for spouse visa holders.

In another forum they said they would not be returning until July - meaning they have been out of the UK for almost a year.

BritInParis Feb 5th 2020 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 12802356)
In another forum they said they would not be returning until July - meaning they have been out of the UK for almost a year.

In that case they will need to apply from Hong Kong as the current BRP expires in April.

SanDiegogirl Feb 5th 2020 8:57 pm

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12802390)
In that case they will need to apply from Hong Kong as the current BRP expires in April.

Yes.... that is what they are planning I understand.

BritInParis Feb 5th 2020 9:00 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl (Post 12802395)
Yes.... that is what they are planning I understand.

Think the OP needs to clarify.