Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

UK spouse visa approved but I don't understand 30 days visa rule

UK spouse visa approved but I don't understand 30 days visa rule

Old Feb 20th 2016, 2:58 pm
Just Joined

Ibby1234 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK spouse visa approved but I don't understand 30 days visa rule

Hi everyone
My UK spouse visa is been granted 3 days ago however they stamp my passport with 30 days visa which says valid from 04/03/2016 expire on 03/04/2016 and I have booked my ticket flying from durban on 03/03/2016 and arriving UK on 04/03/2016 I'm bit worried now will Emirates let me fly from durban one day before my visa validation but it should be okay because the day I'm arriving in UK which is valid date 04/03/2016 that's when my visa start from and I'm arriving UK . Please can anyone help me on this matter. Thanks
Old Feb 20th 2016, 10:03 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK spouse visa approved but I don't understand 30 days visa rule

Originally Posted by Ibby1234
Hi everyone
My UK spouse visa is been granted 3 days ago however they stamp my passport with 30 days visa which says valid from 04/03/2016 expire on 03/04/2016 and I have booked my ticket flying from durban on 03/03/2016 and arriving UK on 04/03/2016 I'm bit worried now will Emirates let me fly from durban one day before my visa validation but it should be okay because the day I'm arriving in UK which is valid date 04/03/2016 that's when my visa start from and I'm arriving UK . Please can anyone help me on this matter. Thanks
Congratulations on your successful spouse visa application

If your visa is valid from 4 March and you arrive in the UK on 4 March, you'll be fine. I did the same thing with my flight from Australia, there were no problems at all.
Old Feb 28th 2016, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

Hi everyone,
Thanks for replying now I'm cleared and happy to go because I was confused before however I'm very happy because my visa got approved within 3 days I was scared because so quick it happens I thought they have refused it which is why they returned it so quick but when I got it it was approved and I see a visa valid for 30 days.
Good luck to all those who are going to apply.
Old Feb 28th 2016, 6:20 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Make sure you obtain your BRP from the Post Office within ten days of arriving of the UK.
Old Feb 28th 2016, 6:24 pm
Just Joined

Hi thanks for the kind information. Another question I'm arriving in uk on 4th March so if I go to post office on 5th u think it will be ready for collection?
Old Feb 28th 2016, 6:27 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thanks for the kind information. Another question I'm arriving in uk on 4th March so if I go to post office on 5th u think it will be ready for collection?
It should be ready the day you arrive so it should be ready on the 5th.
Old Feb 28th 2016, 6:29 pm
Just Joined

Hi thanks again
Very excited looking forward.
Old Feb 28th 2016, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

msnapz is an unknown quantity at this point

Huge congrats! I will be starting this process very soon. Did you fast track/expedite the application?
Old Feb 29th 2016, 5:03 am
Just Joined

Hi
Yeh I have paid for expidite service £360 extra + application fee+health surcharge. Any questions do not hesitate to contact me.
Old Feb 29th 2016, 10:49 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

You should receive notification regarding the date you can collect your BRP. I arrived on a Thursday, the BRP wasn't ready for collection until the following Tuesday.
Old Mar 19th 2016, 11:48 pm
Next chapter awaits

HighCaper is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ibby1234

My husband will also be applying for his Spouse Visa from Durban in June 2016. I was surprised and pleased to hear your Visa was processed so quickly. Do you have any idea how long they're taking for spouse visa processing time without Priority clearance ? It seems the UK website that states how long they're taking to process Spouse visas isn't accurate.

Thanks