UK Spouse Visa - Applying from USA

Old May 6th 2020, 9:04 pm
Forum Regular

95ElTee95 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Spouse Visa - Applying from USA

My wife applied for her spouse visa March 17 and scheduled her biometrics but the biometrics centre was closed down just the next day. Anyway, we've uploaded all documents on VFS Global which is a complete mess because the website is awful. This link here (https://www.gov.uk/government/public...isa-in-the-usa) states the documents need to be posted to VFS Services in New York.

I thought everything was online now? None of the emails we receive state anything needs to be posted to New York other than her passport. Even VFS Global (https://www.vfsglobal.co.uk/us/en/va...ting-documents) SETTLEMENT VISA, Section 2a. states they can be uploaded online. Section 2b. only states they need to be posted if not uploaded online. Could somebody check this again for me in case I've read it wrong?

Does anybody have any experience with applying for a UK Spouse Visa from the USA? How did you submit your documents? Very worried we could face a refusal for not posting them to New York because everything seems to be pointing to the fact it's all completely online now.

Is it possible the GOV website is incorrect?

Many thanks!
Old May 6th 2020, 10:36 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spouse Visa - Applying from USA

It’s ‘or’ rather than ‘and’. If you’ve scanned and uploaded your documents you don’t need to post them to be scanned again.
Old May 7th 2020, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
It’s ‘or’ rather than ‘and’. If you’ve scanned and uploaded your documents you don’t need to post them to be scanned again.
Oh ok, so no documents needed to be posted? Phew.
Old May 9th 2020, 9:09 pm
Forum Regular

EdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond repute

We are almost in the same boat. We were scheduled for my wife's biometrics and were going to have VFS upload the docs ( paid the service charge) the day we were scheduled for her appointment the center closed. Now we wait for everything to reopen..sigh. Probably going to end up flying to the UK for a couple of weeks then returning when everything reopens so my wife can continue the application. Least we get a quick break in the UK...unless the government decides to start a 14 day quarantine..see what happens on Sunday / Monday
Old May 10th 2020, 12:58 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EdandPaula
We are almost in the same boat. We were scheduled for my wife's biometrics and were going to have VFS upload the docs ( paid the service charge) the day we were scheduled for her appointment the center closed. Now we wait for everything to reopen..sigh. Probably going to end up flying to the UK for a couple of weeks then returning when everything reopens so my wife can continue the application. Least we get a quick break in the UK...unless the government decides to start a 14 day quarantine..see what happens on Sunday / Monday
That is rough. Be wary of travelling to the UK during this pandemic as Border Force have been known to refuse entry to people whose trip they deem non-essential.
Old May 10th 2020, 3:48 am
Forum Regular

EdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond reputeEdandPaula has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully closing on our house will be deemed essential. I know there has been talk of a mandatory 14 day quarantine, but nothing so far. Apparently from what i have read an announcement will be made after Boris's speech tomorrow.
Old May 10th 2020, 7:59 am
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully closing on our house will be deemed essential. I know there has been talk of a mandatory 14 day quarantine, but nothing so far. Apparently from what i have read an announcement will be made after Boris's speech tomorrow.
I doubt that would be considered an essential reason tbh. You don’t need to be there in person to buy or sell a house.

I think the quarantine will scupper your trip anyway though unfortunately.

Best of luck, hope you can make it over later this year.
Old May 10th 2020, 9:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

There are currently restrictions on buying/selling properties, so check that it can actually be actioned if you do arrive in the UK with the intention of closing.
Old May 10th 2020, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

Figured I'd post here instead of making another thread.

I have 6 bank statements for each month compiled into 6 separate PDF files (each pdf has 6-8 pages). I've uploaded in order on VFS Global but when I check the documents later on some of the statements are not in order. e.g first page is correct, second page is the 5th page of the 3rd month etc.

How do I fix this? All the pages are there but none are in the correct order.
Old May 10th 2020, 3:51 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 95ElTee95
Figured I'd post here instead of making another thread.

I have 6 bank statements for each month compiled into 6 separate PDF files (each pdf has 6-8 pages). I've uploaded in order on VFS Global but when I check the documents later on some of the statements are not in order. e.g first page is correct, second page is the 5th page of the 3rd month etc.

How do I fix this? All the pages are there but none are in the correct order.
Did you scan them in the right order?
Old May 10th 2020, 3:58 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Did you scan them in the right order?
Yes, for the August to September 2019 statement, I scanned all 6 pages then compiled them into one PDF document. Then I uploaded that PDF document to VFS. Here's what it looks like:

https://i.imgur.com/BA8MBzZ.png
https://i.imgur.com/y878CJs.png

So as you can see in the first image, it shows transactions up until 4th September, so on the next page it should start from 5th September, but as you can see from the second image, it's showing December's transactions which idk why. When I open the 6 PDFs from my PC they're in order, but when uploading them to VFS they are in random order.

Old May 11th 2020, 10:10 pm
Forum Regular

This has been resolved. I merged all 6 PDFs into a single PDF then compressed it to meet the file size requirements. That kept them in order.
Old May 11th 2020, 10:38 pm

Glad you got it sorted.