Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

UK Spouse Visa Application - Passport name and validity question

UK Spouse Visa Application - Passport name and validity question

Old Jan 25th 2021, 8:55 am
YPM
Just Joined

YPM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Spouse Visa Application - Passport name and validity question

Hello,
Good day. We are getting started to collect requirements for the the application of UK Spouse visa. I am the applicant and my husband is the British Citizen, I have below questions:
1.My husband's name in the passport doesn't include middle name but he has a middle name in birth certificate. And in our marriage certificate, the name included his middle name, will this cause a problem and how should this be resolved?
2.My passport expires in Nov this year and planning to submit application by end of February and I have also applied for a new passport (applied end of Dec2020, but could take ages to arrive) should I wait for this new passport before I book and take my IELTS UKVI test?
3. Should I also wait for this new passport before submitting the online application of UK Spouse Visa?

Thank you.
Old Jan 25th 2021, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spouse Visa Application - Passport name and validity question

1. Input name as per his passport
2. No take the test when you can get an appointment
3. Up to you.... as you say, it could take a time to get the new passport. If passport has not arrived by end of February when you want to submit then you have to make the decision. Personally, since your old passport does not expire until Nov 2021 I would have gone with that one.
Old Jan 27th 2021, 5:17 am
YPM
Just Joined

Thank you SanDiegogirl for your reply, gives me more confidence to proceed.

I have another question, on the personal details form questionnaire(VAF4A), are below answers correct?

Spouse/partner full name: His Name as per passport.
If your sponsor has been known by any other names please provide details: His Name including the middle name as per birth certificate.

Thanks
Old Jan 27th 2021, 5:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YPM
Thank you SanDiegogirl for your reply, gives me more confidence to proceed.

I have another question, on the personal details form questionnaire(VAF4A), are below answers correct?

Spouse/partner full name: His Name as per passport.
If your sponsor has been known by any other names please provide details: His Name including the middle name as per birth certificate.

Thanks

Yes
Old Jan 28th 2021, 1:23 am

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

You should definitely wait until your new passport arrives before you submit your online application. I would personally correct your husband’s passport as well since you having to wait for yours anyway.
Old Feb 1st 2021, 5:12 am
YPM
Just Joined

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Yes
Thank you SanDiegogirl.
Old Feb 1st 2021, 5:34 am
YPM
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
You should definitely wait until your new passport arrives before you submit your online application. I would personally correct your husband’s passport as well since you having to wait for yours anyway.
Thank you BritInParis.

This a bit of context to the story. I am from the Philippines and we live in the UAE. We got married in 2016, we got a kid in 2018 and we applied for his passport which took four months to process because they need to check my documents from the Philippines.
Saying as we already applied into another UK government using the Sponsor’s passport name and Sponsor’s birth certificate name for the application of our son’s passport, will it be safe to say that this missing middle name will pass the scrutiny of the UK Visas and Immigration?

And also, looking at my husband and son's passport, you don't have a spot for middle name in your passport.

Thank you for your time.
Old Feb 14th 2021, 11:58 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by YPM
Thank you BritInParis.

This a bit of context to the story. I am from the Philippines and we live in the UAE. We got married in 2016, we got a kid in 2018 and we applied for his passport which took four months to process because they need to check my documents from the Philippines.
Saying as we already applied into another UK government using the Sponsor’s passport name and Sponsor’s birth certificate name for the application of our son’s passport, will it be safe to say that this missing middle name will pass the scrutiny of the UK Visas and Immigration?

And also, looking at my husband and son's passport, you don't have a spot for middle name in your passport.

Thank you for your time.
Your husband's missing middle name isn't a showstopper but at the same time it's a good idea to ensure all his identity documents match before you shell out thousands of pounds for a spouse visa application. Just because HMPO accepted his documents for your son's passport application it doesn't mean that UKVI will. Different department, different standards.

Unlike Philippine passports there's no separate field for a middle name on British passports. All forenames are listed on the same line.
Old Feb 15th 2021, 8:11 am
YPM
Just Joined

Thank you BritInParis. I appreciate your advise.