UK Spouse VISA application financial requirement HELP

Old Aug 14th 2018, 6:28 am
wam
Forum Regular

wam is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Spouse VISA application financial requirement HELP

Hi Guys,

I am a PhD student in the UK and receive £15200 annually as a tax-free stipend. I am a British National but my wife to be is not for which she needs to apply for her spouse Visa. We are planning to get married by mid next year. I have been receiving funding from last 2 years and it is gonna expire by March 2020. I have read through the FM 1.4 guideline and I think I understand everything except the point 6.4.1 below.

The person must be currently in receipt of the grant or stipend or will be within 3 months of the date of application, and the grant or stipend must be payable for a period of at least 12 months, for at least one full academic year, from the date of application or from the date on which payment of the grant or stipend will commence.

There can be different interpretation to this point. Does this point mean that at the time of application my stipend should continue further for 1 year or if I have been receiving it for more than a year it is still acceptable?

Please help.

Thanks.
Old Aug 14th 2018, 3:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Spouse VISA application financial requirement HELP

must be payable for a period of at least 12 months, for at least one full academic year, from the date of application or from the date on which payment of the grant or stipend will commence.

From the date of application the stipend must be payable for at least 12 months ...........