Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Moving back or to the UK > Citizenship/Passports and Spouse/Family Visas (UK)
Reload this Page >

Uk spouse visa application chances with a short term relationship

Uk spouse visa application chances with a short term relationship

Old Sep 20th 2017, 10:59 am
Just Joined

Marx34 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Uk spouse visa application chances with a short term relationship

Hi I wonder if anyone can put my mind at rest and offer some advice as to a spouse visa application we are going to make in the next couple of weeks.
My concerns are as follows. In short I met an American lady online in April 2017, we got on very well and after lots of texts and calls she flew over to Manchester and we spent a week or so together. I flew over to America in July 17 and we had a trip to Vegas and got married. We flew back to the uk together and spent a week at my home in Manchester. I am going back to America to spend a week with her on sept the 23rd. After lots of reading we decided to start the application for a uk spouse visa which seemed really complicated so we hired a law firm to help who didn't seem to think our situation would be a problem and we should easily gain a visa as we have met all the requirements! Any views or advice would be much appreciated and help with what docs we need to send. Many thanks. Mark
Old Sep 20th 2017, 11:07 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Uk spouse visa application chances with a short term relationship

Good luck!

However, this specific forum is for attaining US visas.

Hopefully a moderator can move your post.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 11:09 am
Just Joined

Thanks Tom. Sorry I'm new here � ����
Old Sep 20th 2017, 11:14 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Marx34
Hi I wonder if anyone can put my mind at rest and offer some advice as to a spouse visa application we are going to make in the next couple of weeks.
My concerns are as follows. In short I met an American lady online in April 2017, we got on very well and after lots of texts and calls she flew over to Manchester and we spent a week or so together. I flew over to America in July 17 and we had a trip to Vegas and got married. We flew back to the uk together and spent a week at my home in Manchester. I am going back to America to spend a week with her on sept the 23rd. After lots of reading we decided to start the application for a uk spouse visa which seemed really complicated so we hired a law firm to help who didn't seem to think our situation would be a problem and we should easily gain a visa as we have met all the requirements! Any views or advice would be much appreciated and help with what docs we need to send. Many thanks. Mark
Short term relationship shouldn't be a problem, the fact that you are married and have a marriage license from a country where such marriages are legal in the UK will mean all you need to do is to prove your financial and accommodation requirements.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 11:20 am
Just Joined

Thanks Mike that's what I wanted to hear and although the marriage is very genuine we have just been concerned over the length of time together. I far exceed the financials and have got together mortgage statement, deeds and a housing inspection to send with our application so fingers crossed.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 11:21 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to go and sign up on the UK Yankee website. That is for USCs in the UK.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 11:23 am
Just Joined

Thank you civil servant. I'll have a look. This is the only site I have read about a couple in our situation although they had been together longer.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 7:15 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Many spouses are bought into the UK after having arranged marriages and having very little contact with their spouse beforehand. It's not particularly unusual. Providing you don't give your ECO any reason to suspect a marriage of convenience then you shouldn't have any problems regarding the relationship aspect of your application.
Old Sep 20th 2017, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Brit in Paris. My mind is starting to settle. You would not believe how worried we have been as when we got married a visa was the last thing on our minds
Old Sep 21st 2017, 3:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Brit in Paris. My mind is starting to settle. You would not believe how worried we have been as when we got married a visa was the last thing on our minds
Probably is the last on anyone's mind when they are getting married.

Good luck though with the application. Wish you all the best.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

Thank you. The law firm we have hired don't seem to know anything about the USA biometric appointment and where my wife will have to go so that's our next concern. I think we picked the worlds most useless law firm and paid £1200 up front !
Old Sep 21st 2017, 3:25 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. The law firm we have hired don't seem to know anything about the USA biometric appointment and where my wife will have to go so that's our next concern. I think we picked the worlds most useless law firm and paid £1200 up front !
I really am in the wrong profession.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

j4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond reputej4v3d has a reputation beyond repute

They sound so incompetent.
Old Sep 21st 2017, 3:55 pm
Just Joined

Yes we hired a firm to take the stress out of the application however they don't seem to be able to put together a document without multiple errors including getting birth dates right
Old Sep 21st 2017, 4:08 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Yes we hired a firm to take the stress out of the application however they don't seem to be able to put together a document without multiple errors including getting birth dates right
Can you get your money back? Advice on British Expats is free, and with the likes of Brit in Paris around you won't get better, even from the highest paid immigration attorney.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.